Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Buying a van privately

All posts on this forum should be specific to COMBE HAVEN. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: mummybear

Topic author
NickySS
Posts in topic: 2

Buying a van privately

Post by NickySS » 1 month ago

Hi I have agreed to buy a van of a current owner as Haven did not want to purchase it from her.
On the day of completion they stated that I needed to provide a council tax and utility bill in my name.
I live with my mum who and the aim of the purchase is to provide breaks for me and her and my children and grandchildren. I will also spend time there to give me a break.
My problem my mum is the bill payer at our address so I don't have any bills in my name except mobile and wifi
I then suggested my son buy the van but they said he couldn't as that was considered as fronting??? which is illegal
Can someone help me please?
Many thanks Nicky

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Buying a van privately

Post by Keith » 1 month ago

Hello Nicky, welcome to the forum :wave:

You need to double check with the park what documentation would be acceptable, I'm sure they aren't limited to Council Tax and Utilities. You will no doubt have bank statements that show your address; do you have any letters from Government departments such as DWP or any other 'legal' documents that will confirm your address?

Speak to the Sales Manager and tell them what you can provide as proof of your address, I'm sure they will find a solution.

Please let us know how you get on and which documents they accept.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
NickySS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NickySS » 1 month ago

Hi Keith
Thank you for your prompt response, unfortunately they are insisting on these documents, they seem to think I will be using the van as my main residence. although I will use it a lot I will by not be living here and I don't know how to convince them otherwise, their only answers are bills as requested in my name at a property address
Are they correct in not allowing my son to buy it instead? They have stated they they know he is buying it for me and said this is called fronting, but my understanding of fronting is regards to finance. There will be no finance we will be paying in full
Kind regards
Nicky

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

My next suggestion, if you haven't tried this already, is to contact the Head of Caravan Sales at Head Office - I'm not sure who it is now, but before I sold my caravan in 2016 it was David Smith - david.smith2@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Because I'm no longer an owner, I don't have the contacts or influence I used to have, so I'm not sure how else I can help.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Does your (or your mum's) household insurance offer free legal advice as one of the 'extras' that seem to go with most insurance policies nowadays?

It may be worth checking with a solicitor to see if a letter from them confirming your residence could be used. You will undoubtedly have to pay for any such letter, but it may be another option.
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Alexa [Bot] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , ste , tonygardner , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , dave&mandi , NickySS ,