Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

LATE BOOKINGS

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

LATE BOOKINGS

Post by johnturley » 4 months ago

I frequently find people who want to book my caravan less than a couple of weeks before the date they want to be problematic, for a start many of them still expect only to have to pay a deposit at the time of booking, and pay the balance just a day or so before they go, or sometimes not until they get to site.

For various reasons I prefer to use Haven Reception for key release rather than using a key safe, but despite telling bookers this, it is often a struggle to get them to make the final payment in sufficient time to allow a couple of days for the key release form to arrive in the post. Around the middle of last week someone wanted to book my van for the week commencing the following Saturday, I informed him that to allow sufficient time for the key release form to arrive he should make his final payment by the preceding Tuesday. His response was to ask whether he could make the payment on the Thursday, appearing to be completely oblivious to the fact that the reason I had said Tuesday was as much for his benefit as it was for mine, to ensure that he wasn’t still waiting for the form to arrive on the day he planned to go to the van.

A couple of weeks earlier, a woman who wanted a Short Break, paid me just two days before the day she wanted to go (a day later than the deadline I had given her), but then never provided me with an address to post the Key Release Form to, so I ended up having to return her money.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , sovereign , chrisandwendy , jacosia65 ,