Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Texting Enquiries

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Texting Enquiries

Post by johnturley » 8 months ago

I did hope, now most people have i phones (or equivalent), that there would be less enquiries via text messages, however the opposite appears to be the case, and some reason many still prefer to communicate via text rather than e mail, despite the format of the texts received indicating that they do in fact have an i phone.

The problem with this is that you cannot attach standard information such as a Booking Form, and your Terms and Conditions to your reply, and it would be very time consuming, even if I was prepared to do this, to reply to some common enquiries such as ‘what dates have you got available, and at what prices’. I always immediately ask them to provide an e mail address, and give them mine to reply to, however despite this some people still prefer to send an almost endless series of text messages asking things like ‘what park is your caravan on’, ‘whereabouts is it’, ‘how much is it’ indicating that they appear not to be even aware of which caravan advert they are replying to. Answer one query by text, then they will invariably text you back with another and another over a period of several hours, I just do not have the time to deal with these.

Even if you do finally get them to supply a e mail address, and e mail standard information (which in my case also provides a link back to the relevant web advert), some people will still continue to text asking questions like ‘how do I pay, ‘how much are passes’, ‘how do I obtain the caravan keys’ etc., all of which and more would have been answered, if they had just bothered to read the information e mailed to them in the first place. Some appear so dim-witted that it's questionable as to whether I want to let them my van in the first place.

I think that the only solution to this problem might be just to provide an e mail address, and not a phone number on the website adverts, although this might result in the loss of some bookings.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , sovereign , booze-up ,

Return to “Sub Letting”