Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Is it possible to brake even?

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Aled42690
1* Member
1* Member
Posts in topic: 4

Is it possible to brake even?

Post by Aled42690 » 8 months ago

Hi forum.
New member hear.
Myself and the mrs are considering buying a static this week in kiln park. We are looking to spend about 30k (22k on finance). With all the site fees, overheads and loan repayments, if we sublet it out for, say, half the season, would we be able to make up our costs and brake even?
Would really appreciate people's views on this.
Cheers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Is it possible to brake even?

Post by Keith » 8 months ago

Hello Aled42690

Welcome to our forum :wave:

Yes, it is possible to break even or even make a small profit :thumbup:

However, it will depend on your individual circumstances, only you know what your finance repayments will be and how often you will want your caravan for personal use. To help you with your calculations, I would suggest (if you haven't done so already) that you look at the spreadsheet collection i produced a couple of years ago, obviously you won't know exact figures until you actually own a caravan, but the sales team will be able to give you average costs.

Unfortunately, because I am no longer an owner, I can't give you this seasons prices and costs.

You will find the spreadsheet collection HERE

I hope you have also read our buyers guide, if you haven't you will find the link at the top of every page.

Good luck with your venture and remember, you may not make a lot of money from owning your caravan, BUT you will make a lot of FRIENDS and have a lot of FUN, and these are things that money can't buy.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Aled42690
1* Member
1* Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have read the HOF owners guide about 10 times!!
We are going into this with an open mind with the realisation that we wont make a profit. We are concerned that we dont want to be left out of pocket at the end of the season.
Anyway, we have an appointment today at 2 in kiln park.
Wish us luck :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I hope everything works out for you, please let us know how you get on.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Aled42690
1* Member
1* Member

We've been offered a plot for £5433 ground rent and a finance deal of £339p\m. With all the other overheads, do you believe we will be able to get the rentals to cover this?
I am absolutley bricking it at the moment :help:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Nothing in life is guaranteed :sad:

It will depend on how many weeks you release for sub letting, and how successful you are at getting bookings.

Have you been offered any form of guaranteed sub letting by Haven? A lot of new owners opt for Haven's scheme, but, you can get a higher rental income if you do it yourself, (if you have the time to deal with all the paperwork).

However, I do believe that it is possible to cover all your costs, but be prepared to make a loss in your first season and remember that the 2019 seasons fees will be invoiced in October (Three payment options, with Direct Debit payments due from mid November and other options due in December).
But you will know that from reading our guide :thumbup:
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Aled42690
1* Member
1* Member

We were offered to sublet through haven, but are going to do it ourselves.
Great news though, in the last half an hour we've been approved for credit and are going to sign next sunday. Now the proud owners of a 2016 willerby salsa in preseli park in kiln park.
Super nervous but super excited

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Fantastic news :rockonbaby:

Now your new lifestyle begins, lots of new friends and lots of fun :big_grin:
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , johnturley , Unsy , Bing [Bot] , sovereign , beaumaris104 , Aled42690 , Bahooney , gem2k89 , peggy123 , jordana72uk , Vic , Clairepowers , kevin0704 , Breezer70 , northern nigey , Nataz ,

Return to “Sub Letting”