Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

TV Signal

All posts on this forum should be specific to CAISTER. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderators: Briggsy, tonygardner

Topic author
Gringolee
Posts in topic: 2

TV Signal

Post by Gringolee » 2 years ago

Hi people

I purchased a van at the beginning of the season and can't believe how rubbish the TV signal is to my van. I'm having to retune it a few times a day and am fed up with haven saying its a bad area. We are in Dilham and the feed is piped to the van.

I'm thinking of getting a satellite dish just so I can actually view the channels and not have pixels all the time.

Does anyone else have this problem

Thanks lee :newhere:
Lee
Dilham 32
Swift Moselle 2012 38 x 12 3B
:drinkwine:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: TV Signal

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Have you tried a 'signal booster'?

The one I use is mains powered and you just plug the aerial feed into onw side and run a fly lead from the unit to the tv/set top box, etc.

I'm at Presthaven and get my signal from the Winter Hill transmitter which is about 80 miles away with no problems at all.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Gringolee

Post by Gringolee » 2 years ago

Hi Keith

Do you have a piped feed to your van or aerial on you van. I have a booster at home and could try that first before I buy one.

Saying that I could probably pick up a second hand dish and bracket for £30.

Thanks
Lee
Dilham 32
Swift Moselle 2012 38 x 12 3B
:drinkwine:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

We don't have piped feed, we all have aerials.

My van pre-dates digital Tv and so when the switch to digital happened I had to replace my aerial and I use a mobile app 'UK aerial alignment' to make sure I get the best possible signal.

The signal booster I use makes sure there are no 'dips' in the signal so I don't get any 'pixilation'
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Peter_F
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 1

TV Signal

Post by Peter_F » 2 years ago

We are on Caister Beach and also get signal breakup even though we have a digital antenna and signal booster. I'm planning on getting a zone 1 satellite dish and using a freesat box.

If this is the way you choose to go Lee, I've found new zone 1 dish with brackets, 15 meters of twin cable, a quad LNB and signal meter for less than £40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ABI Horizon 2013. 36 x 12. 3 Bed.
Haven Caister.

Its taken some time to make the leap but now we're there. :hello1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , mevennais , Tj123 , allyt25 , HappyValley , Peter_F , Nataliedavies33 , The Red Duke , Gringolee ,

Return to “Caister-On-Sea”