Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Storage

Hints, Tips, Advice, Contacts, Problems, Etc. If its about maintaning your caravan, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Mushersmate
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Storage

Post by Mushersmate » 3 years ago

Hi, can anyone recommend someone for Devon Cliffs who would create storage under lounge seating. At the moment you cannot access this because the chipboard is fixed and we would like to make a lift up lid that can be locked to store items we want to leave in the caravan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bez

Re: Storage

Post by Bez » 1 year ago

I'm going to resurrect this question in case anyone can help.

I want to make some under seat storage like the original poster. I've a abi horizon and the seating is all fixed but no screw or visible nail signs.

I presume the chip board seating is just glued down? Anybody know for sure? Can I just prise the top of the seat off and investigate the possibilities from there?

I was thinking of just lifting one of the corner seat lids, and then screwing it down to secure it. I just want somewhere simple to store a few bits in the van whilst it's being let.

Or does anybody know of any decent handymen in Skegness area?

Cheers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PauldN
4* Member
4* Member

Re: Storage

Post by PauldN » 1 year ago

Hi bez
I have an ABI Horizon. The chipboard is only stapled. I drilled a hole in the top so I could prise it up without damaging the rest of it. I fitted some hinges (the sort that are used on some kitchen units). I used camlocks to lock it with modesty blocks for the locking part to sit against. I got the camlocks from ebay (get keyed alike ones if you intend to create mare than on storage box). I got the hinges and modesty blocks from toolstation.
I hope this is of help to you
Paul

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , pamjay , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , lupin15 , djpaulbritton , DaisyMay , Chamonix400 , mevennais , p sands , Fastbaz , mummybear , ROXY , bandb666 , HappyValley , PauldN , Mushersmate , angiechuckle , net , Frankieboy , Silver Surfer , Chelsie02 , nessebo , DJ59 , caisterbeach172 , dingledong , Phildjohnson , Nataliedavies33 , Tisonlyme1 , markeaustin47 , CF Dave , The Red Duke , Bez , stewie3004 , Cfhaven ,

Return to “Caravan Improvements, Repairs & Maintenance”