Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Any News on Review of Passes?

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Poodledoodledandy
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Any News on Review of Passes?

Post by Poodledoodledandy » 3 years ago

Madi,

I have been asking my park for the price of 2015 FunWorks passes for over a month now and they have not been able to provide this information to me. I am also aware that this has been the situation for all parks. IMHO this being the correct route to obtain information of this type.

I pay BL approximately £20k pa and would expect them to provide me and all owners with this information through their normal methods of communication, be it email, facebook page or letter. I do not expect an "announcement" all be it welcome information, to be made on a website forum that has absolutely no connection with BL and in no way, shape or form represents the opinion of all owners or contain 100% owner membership and so many, many owners will be unaware or this.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

With lots of complaints on this forum about over crowding a reduction into the price of passes would have made this worse. So a sensible decision by BL in my view.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

Yes, I think we all agree about the overcrowding in the venues but I don't think there should be any correlation between the crowd problem and the cost of passes. The facilities on the park are there for everyone to enjoy, and as such, they should be of an adequate size to offer everyone the opportunity to use them comfortably. To keep pass prices high just to out price some people from using the very facilities they have come on holiday for would be a horrible thing to do and I am sure no one at Haven has kept passes highly priced for that reason! What I do think is dreadful is putting more caravans on the park without increasing the capacity of already overstretched venues.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MadiHemelSupport
Power Member
Power Member

Post by MadiHemelSupport » 3 years ago

Hi Poodledoodledandy,
The decision was only made last week regarding the prices for 2015, I'll speak to the web and communications team now about getting this message out.
Thanks
Madi
Madi from Hemel Support
http://www.owner-services.co.uk
http://blog.haven.com/

I work at Hemel Support on all things social media. I keep an eye on the forum everyday Monday - Friday but if I do ever miss anything please do drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help. Have a lovely day!
:sunny:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Poodledoodledandy
3* Member
3* Member

Post by Poodledoodledandy » 3 years ago

Madi,

It's not a matter of when the decision was made, I understand that. It's the fact that you or BL decided to announce here first and not to your owners that is unacceptable.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Sorry its not strictly about passes....Im struggling to understand paying BL £20k year!?? Is that site fees for a few vans? Or have I misunderstood the figure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Ive only just read the previous page of this post. I dont understand how the prices are a cynical attempt to blame Keith?? I think the forms being clearer and park specific is whah owners asked for - and are now being given? Im sure Keith has absolutely no input on what Bourne Leisure do with pass prices?!

As for the info being released on here -- Maddi isnt in charge of every department -- its up to the IT team to get it out their to park websites. Talk about you cant do right for doing wrong !!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mummybear » 3 years ago

I think that what Poodledoodledandy is getting at is that it was announced on an unofficial website that not every owner is a member of before it was announced via BL official scources such as the official park Facebook pages and the Owners Exclusive website. Having said that not every owner is uses Facebook or even the internet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

No I get that....and totally understood what the wording meant.

All Im saying is dont fire bullets at Maddi just because the IT team didnt pass the information onto parks, officially at the same speed. As for Facebook and the internet - its how parks now communicate - the latest being that there are no more paper newsletters.... You heard it hear first - whats to complain about? Its just one of the advantages of the forum......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

I,like i am sure many other owners are glad that Madi comes on here and answers questions and passes on queries.I know she often cannot answer immediately but always follows up queries.
As far as i know parks can only put one thing on their facebook page daily.Therefore i presume they have to prioritise what they put on daily.
I imagine that when the new owners page is on line things can be up dated a lot easier and quickly.
I have also had comments about something i posted on a Thorpe Park owners page..not the official one but one used to advertise/events etc.An owner was angry that i had put something on there without it being on the official Thorpe Park page yet it wasn't from here it was from an email sent to all owners who are signed up for email alerts.
Thorpe do keep owners informed by email and many owners do have email addresses but are not signed up.
Personally i would prefer it if the new owners web page had everything on it and there was no need for a facebook page as if everyone used it there would be no need for a facebook page and lots of owners do not use facebook.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Fastbaz , mummybear , rigor , bandb666 , morris-family , Tabcard57 , Jsims , jacko , TwinMumRoch , suzylillie 14 ,