Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

The Good Wives Guide

The Forum Title says it all!
Nothing serious to be posted here, it's Just for fun

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

The Good Wives Guide

Post by Keith » 9 years ago

The Good Wives Guide

This has been around for a long time. It is thought to have come from a Home Economics Text Book "The Good Wives Guide" used in English Schools in the 1950's. Although some sources claim it originated in New Zealand.

• Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is a part of the warm welcome needed.

• Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so that you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

• Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives; gather up the schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. In the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by so your husband will feel that he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

• Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

• Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival. Eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

• Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first; remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

• Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real needs to be home and relax.

• Your goal. Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquillity where your husband can review himself in body and spirit.

• Don't greet him with problems or complaints.

• Don't complain if he's late for dinner, or even stays out all night. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

• Don't ask him about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise this with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him. A good wife always knows her place.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

pat
Power Member
Power Member

Re: The Good Wives Guide

Post by pat » 9 years ago

Just read this and this is exactly what I do (I don't think) Hubby would have me certified :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 7 years ago

AHAHAHHAAHAHHAA !!!!!! :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

Hi my hubby would ask what did i want or what had i done!!!!Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fairyqueen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by fairyqueen » 3 years ago

I might try the "being a little gay" bit! It's never too late to swap sides!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

Did women actually subscribe to this tosh? I suppose it's very easy now, in these days of equality, but holy mick- to actually be told that "his topics of conversation are more interesting than yours" omg. My husband would get a nudge in the nadgers if he wanted me to behave like that! Even in 1950! Very funny though. It's always amusing to see how we lived decades before.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Silver Surfer , DJ59 , sco_ttie2002 ,