Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Moving parks

All posts on this forum should be specific to BURNHAM-ON-SEA. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
sms1683
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Moving parks

Post by sms1683 » 6 years ago

Hello,

We are looking into moving our caravan from perran sands at the end of season, we like the look of burnham on sea.
Does anyone know what the site fees range from?

Also if anyone has any pros and cons about the park, we would be very grateful!

Stacey

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

valkeys
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Moving parks

Post by valkeys » 6 years ago

most of the site fees are around £5000. We get a lower reduction than most parks for buying a bourne leisure unit.
Pros - most pitches are very spacious, and a lot have parking, if not they have parking very nearby.
Walking distance of Morrisons and other local shops. tescos walking distance too. buses to weston supermare come into the park.
the lakes are nice, with plenty of birds, and fishing.
security staff are good.
Cons - they spend money on taking things away - lost the pitch an putt.
every year there is talk of the pool being improved -the plans looked ok this time, nothing exciting, but an improvement, but they got turned down. depends on which version of the story you listen to, but the area is very low lying, hence the large sea wall etc - if you find an over head shot she will see how much water there is around. It means drainage is very poor and flooding a risk, so caused problems for digging out for the pool.
Showbar is upstairs - there is a lift but its very small so if you have a pushchair or wheel chair its a nuisance.
Older owners - a lot of owners have been there all their lives I think, and they seem to have quite an influence over things that happen for owners.
beach - its not really much of a beach, mostly mud, sinking mud - the rescue boat/hovercraft is always very busy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lhiggonyoung
Super* Member
Super* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lhiggonyoung » 6 years ago

I looked at moving my van to BOS and was told they are a ‘red’ park when it comes to moving and do not accept vans from other parks so you would have to upgrade. We visited the park and I have to say it looked great I was very impressed with the owners lounge and the pool improvements looked ok there was certainly allot more for the owners than we have in Wey Bay inc a owners gym, it’s a shame there is not much in the town and I think the beach and water lets it down.
Lance

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
sms1683
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sms1683 » 6 years ago

Thank you for all the info. I had read somewhere that you would need to upgrade as they won't take on vans. I had seen pictures of the site being flooded, which did make me think twice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] ,