Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Hello all, any advice on Weymouth parks much appreciated, Tia

All posts on this forum should be specific to WEYMOUTH BAY. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Kelsie
Posts in topic: 3

Hello all, any advice on Weymouth parks much appreciated, Tia

Post by Kelsie » 2 years ago

First of all, I would like to say a big hello :wave: thanks for such a lovely welcome. I hope this is ok to post.....My husband and I have decided (finally) to buy a caravan in Weymouth, I have had a good look around this fantastic site, and have also read the very informative guide to buying a caravan, which has been a god send! But we are still undecided on what park to buy on out of Weymouth bay, or little sea. We will be going this weekend to look around both sites again in depth, and I realise the park we choose will be the one that best suits our needs, but I'm keen to hear any opinions or advice on which park out of the 2 you prefer as an owner and why? Many thanks. :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hello all, any advice on Weymouth parks much appreciated, Tia

Post by Keith 2 » 2 years ago

I can only offer advice on Weymouth bay. We were owners there for about 3 years and during that time it lacked investment. In fact all they did during that time was improve a few roads. The facilities are very lImited and the entertainment deteriated.

We knew a lit of owners and are still in contact with a lot of them.

There is no owners lounge only the sales office which owners also use for coffee etc..

The owners team are great Sarah, Holly etc..

If you just want the van and not use the facilities then it may be for you as the owners are a friendly bunch and there are a lot who are retired and stay there a lot of the time.

We did look round Littlsea and the facilities looked better but no more than that.

We moved to a non Haven site with far superior entertainment but nothing for owners like Haven.

Before making your mind up be sure what you want from the site and lifestyle etc..

Regards

Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Hi there, Sorry can't help with the park's yo mention. Hopefully other owners will respond from the park's in quetion.

Just wanted to say hi, and it's nice to see a new member post something. :hello1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Kelsie

Hi Keith,
Thank you very much for your reply and advice, much appreciated. We are actually also looking at a non haven site this weekend as well, but wasn't sure if I was allowed to mention such on a haven owners forum! We are a little concerned that after 7 years old, you can no longer rent your caravan out on a haven site, and would need to upgrade at a high cost, if we were to buy a 2 year old van, we only have 5 years left before we have to upgrade, which worries us some what. We're are swaying towards buying on a non haven site not too far away from Weymouth bay that don't have that rule, but were yet to find out about site fee's, or owners packages. so we will have to see what works for us I guess, again, much appreciate your help and advice. :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

You don't have to upgrade. You can still rent your van out when it is 7 years or older. The 7 year limit applies to Haven doing it for you. If you sub-let yourself you will get a much better return than by doing it through Haven. It isn't difficult and you will find all the help and advice you need to do it successfully on here; our members have a vast range knowledge and experience and are more than happy to share it with you, all you have to do is ask.

Find the right van on a park that meets your requirements and if you choose a Haven park you don't need to upgrade your van at any age; my van is 22 years old and I have never been pressurised into upgrading.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Kelsie

Oh great :big_grin: thank you for the reassurance! I must admit, it does seem a lot easier than we first though to rent it out ourselves, with all the help and info on here, I'm sure we would manage no problem. Sorry for the such simple questions :redface: as you can tell were very new to this, hopefully we will have a better idea of what park we like best after this weekend. Very exciting, no doubt I'll be back on here looking a little guidance before long! :lol: thanks again, you really have been most helpful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 2 years ago

Try looking at Bunn Leisure if you are also interested in non Haven sites. It is West Sussex. They are open from the 1st March with entertainment including Christmas Day. They also have an owners page on Facebook where you can advertise your van for rent. We don't rent so do not know how good it is. Site fees are cheaper than Haven but you do not get the owners events.

Again depends what you want it for and how often you are going to use.

Take a look at their web site and Facebook pages.

Any info please PM me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

allyt25
3* Member
3* Member

Post by allyt25 » 2 years ago

Hello
know this is an older post but thought ill give an insite, we are owners on weymouth bay and have been for 3 seasons, we love it and rent it privately but give haven 3 dates so we still get all the safety tests done. We brought our van outright and have no problem renting it out and this season we are fully booked with people asking daily if we have space, this year we have made a profit of a few thousand which is great. We found that littlesea had a lot better owners facilities but your not near a beach or the town so that a bus ride away but weymouth bay doesnt have the owners facilities but it does have the beach a walk away and also the town is a lovely walk along with the seaview site next door to use. We chose weymouth bay for location rather than facilities.
hope you made your mind up tho :nike:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , springhay , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , dazzabuk , lhiggonyoung , allyt25 , HappyValley , Rosbif Pete , Happyholidays , Kelsie , Premwin , peggy123 ,