Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

2012 Olympics: police to stay in Dorset holiday homes

All posts on this forum should be specific to SEAVIEW. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

2012 Olympics: police to stay in Dorset holiday homes

Post by Keith » 6 years ago

Police officers and staff from all over the country will stay in Dorset holiday homes during the 2012 Olympics.

Weymouth and Portland will host the sailing events during the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.

A contract has been agreed with Seaview Caravan Park in Weymouth to provide accommodation for officers and staff engaged in the security operation.

Police say the Olympics will be the "largest public event" they have ever experienced in Dorset.

'Unprecedented levels'

Insp Stephen Marsh, of the Dorset Police Olympic Planning Team, said it would require "unprecedented levels" of policing.

"In support of the operation, the Home Office has funded the provision of external assistance from police forces across the country.

"These mutual aid officers will help to police Olympic events, allowing us to maintain our standard of service across the whole force area."

Mr Marsh said the force had booked a number of accommodation options across the county, as well as the caravan park.

The costs of security for the Olympics in Dorset, including accommodation, will be met by the Home Office.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: 2012 Olympics: police to stay in Dorset holiday homes

Post by Keith » 6 years ago

A bit more about this from the Dorset Echo

HAVEN Holidays will be welcoming hundreds of police officers and staff into one of its Weymouth holiday parks for the 2012 Games period.

Last week the Dorset Echo reported that Dorset Police had agreed a contract with Seaview Holiday Park in Preston for the accommodation of around 180 officers and staff engaged in the Olympic and Paralympic security operation.

Haven general manager Darren Hollis said: “We are looking forward to welcoming a new type of guest at Seaview next summer.

“We had to think long and hard about our regular customers before committing to this activity and it was a difficult decision to make.

“On balance we felt as a part of the Weymouth and Portland community, we should do our bit to support a successful event in 2012.

“For the period that Seaview is unavailable for holidaymakers, we are confident we can make our loyal customers and new visitors feel more than welcome at our other south coast parks, including Weymouth Bay Holiday Park and Littlesea in Weymouth and Rockley Park in Poole.”
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 5 years ago

[align=center]Update[/align]
From July 7th, the Haven Seaview in Weymouth, Dorset, will be home to as many as 500 police for a two-month period over the Olympics.

With thousands of police being ferried to the south to take up their Olympic duty, the family campsite has been chosen as a destination to house some of them.

The sailing events at the London 2012 games are due to be held at in Weymouth, with the recently-built Portland National Sailing Academy set to host them.

Typically costing upwards of £1,500 for a fortnight in a static caravan, the police officers will be paid to share the six to eight-berth caravans.

For every night each officer spends in one of the site's caravans they will receive £80 in allowances - £50 in expenses paid to cover the cost of living away from home, and a further £30 to cover the 'hardship' of sharing a bathroom with other officers.

All officers staying in the caravan park are being given a course in 'integrity and professional standards' before heading to the site.

Commenting on the use of the holiday site, a Dorset Police spokesperson said: "We will use the site in the most cost-effective way, with officers sharing caravans where appropriate and offering overnight accommodation where it will reduce costs."
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by yorkshirebelle » 5 years ago

The GM mentioned that the park is unavailable to holidaymakers, but what about the owners. How will this affect them?

And what hardship to have to share a bathroom :lol:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lhiggonyoung
Super* Member
Super* Member

Post by lhiggonyoung » 5 years ago

There are no owners at Seaview, 100% fleet vans.

I think paying them that amount (£160 per day) to live in and share the caravans is ridiculous, let’s face it there are lots of people who in work have to share accommodation and ablutions and are probably paid less than police officers e.g. armed forces!
Lance

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by chrisandwendy » 5 years ago

i was listening to the radio the other day and members of the armed forces were talking about the cramped accomodation they live in with broken windows,wood rot,dirty conditions etc etc and the police are getting £30 allowance because they have to share a toilet how absurd.

i have the upmost respect for the police and what they have to deal with daily,the same goes for the armed forces so how about giving them better wages in the first place instead of stupid allowances!!!!! they deserve what footballers get paid,and footballers deserve what the police and army get paid!!!!

im going to see if the mrs will give me an allowance for sharing our toilet.....i wont hold my breath :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] ,