Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Welcome Robert

All posts on this forum should be specific to SEASHORE. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Welcome Robert

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Hello Robert

:welcomesign: to the forum :wave:

Please post here and introduce yourself to our members.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Robert
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Welcome Robert

Post by Robert » 3 years ago

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I will get straight to business, we are looking to maybe buy a caravan at the Seashore site and thought we would ask the questions to you owners first. We are thinking anout getting a caravan through Havens finance and wondering if it's worth getting a caravan and be financially stable. We would let it out but not looking to make it a business to make as much money as possible but jist keep everything tickig over nicely. On the costing front how much all together are you paying a year for bills and cleaners ect? How much are cleaners rates for cleaning and linen washing? Does Haven harge extra for handling of keys? What if there is a maintenance issue do Haven sort it? Is itnworth buying an expensive caravan or a cheap basic one?

Thank you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

:wave: Hi Robert welcome to the forum.
Please do your homework carefully. Get everything sales say in writing. Sales staff come & go.
Speak to other owners regarding site. Personally I love Seashore.
Renting a van will not pay finance and ground fees and don't forget in the second year you have ground rent to pay on top of the finance. A lot of people overlook that & leave after the first year. On top of ground rent you have....Rates....Insurance....Gas.....Electric.....Water & various Gas & Electric tests as well as Drain downs.
I personally don't think age of caravan matters you get as much in school holidays in a 10 year old van as you do in a new van. Seashore has the advantage of sea views so a seaview plot will bring in more rentals.
As regards cleaning get a good cleaner not a cheap one...someone who will treat the van as their own & who will maybe meet & greet your guests.
YES Haven charge for handing keys out and charge vast amounts for even the smallest repair even changing a light bulb.
Owning an holiday home is a lifestyle it's not a money making business.
All that said I love it. You make memories, meet some great friends, I have been an owner 15 years and I wouldn't change a thing. I rent now as I live 2 mile from my van. ( loved it that much).
So do your homework & enjoy :dance:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dingledong
5* Member
5* Member

Post by dingledong » 3 years ago

Did you buy on seashore ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Robert
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Robert » 3 years ago

Not yet instead we have just moved permanently to live in Great Yarmouth (5 minute walk to Seashore) but will definitely get one in the next year or two.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , mevennais , HappyValley , Robert , dingledong ,

Return to “Seashore”