Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Evening entertainment

CABARET REVIEW - How do you rate the cabaret you have seen? Where and When did you see them?
FORTHCOMING EVENTS - Something Interesting happening on or near your Park? Let others know here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Evening entertainment

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

All our parks have an least one 'Entertainment' venue and I would like to know what type of EVENING entertainment you would like to have in your venue(s)?

For 2016 we have CBeebies Favourite Tree Fu Tom (Exclusive Tree Fu Go Tour) and Shaun The Sheep (Puppet Show) as our 'Special' Cabaret (you can find dates for your park here).

It seems that all other entertainment will be provided in the form of Funstar shows or similar.

Haven are moving away from the 'traditional' type of holiday entertainment in favour of more outdoor family activities such as 'Nature Rocks' etc. But these are daytime activities; so my question again is "What type of EVENING entertainment would you like to have in your venue(s)?
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Evening entertainment

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

Just posted on another thread before I saw this.
Funstar Shows are all well & good if you are an holidaymaker but who wants to watch the same show week in week out? Not me that's for sure!
Needs outside Entertainers on at least 4 nights a week with Funstar shows in between.
And as for the Adult game shows don't even go there!!
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fishing Widow
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Fishing Widow » 2 years ago

Would like to see more reggae & rock bands instead of the usual pop bands altho still enjoy these.
Really enjoy the comedian's but they never change the material & when u've seen them thats it no matter how funny they were first time round!!
Kids love the funstar shows but they do get repetitive.They have enjoyed the illusion shows in the past but there's never very many of these.
Competitions with better prizes for the kids would probably get them more involved the idea of winner a sticker soon wears thin :sad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Michael Buble? Tom Jones? -- anyoen we might have heard of would be a start!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:Michael Buble? Tom Jones? -- anyoen we might have heard of would be a start!
We once had the Drifters & Sonya
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

smarson73
6* Member
6* Member

Post by smarson73 » 2 years ago

The entertainment at Haven gets worse every year.
The 2 kids shows they have announced already for this year is very badly thought out. Midweek on a school day?? No many kids will see this.
The "funstars" have had their day, They are only Butlins rejects. IF they are not good enough for Butlins they why should we put up with the poor entertainment that they provide. Although i will admit its not all their fault. They are only working to what they have been told to do my someone sat behind a desk it Hemel.
why do we need to see Funstar shows that was on last year? Most of them are poor so seeing them every week for 2 - 3 years is very mind numbing. The hour slot thats on most nights, which i think was called "go live" needs to be scrapped. In-Bot needs to be crushed in a scrap yard.
The "Go Move" with the 4 party dances was ok but needs to be re-worked. far too many new so called party dances that no one knows the moves to so no one bothers. Plus they dont always perform them on stage, only on dance floor, but no one can see it.
The weekend acts, ie. live bands used to be good but last season they was awful.

Never understand why when we go to Butlins for new year, they have some fantasic shows and talented red coats. We need more of the butlins entertainement and methods on haven.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 2 years ago

Sadly, it would seem when the entertainment budget is divided up by Bourne Leisure Haven come out of it as very much the poor relations.

In the years we've been Owners they've gone from a well known name once a week in peak (and at other times) to very occasionally if at all. Our Funstar Shows are good - But agreed, once you've seen it you've seen it. Adult Game Shows hark back to "Hi De Hi" type Holiday Camps of the 50s and 60s and personally I avoid them.

Visiting acts generally are now vastly fewer and further between than they were and the quality I agree is dropping year on year. We have two entertainment venues and now they don't even use one after the kids entertainment (punctuated by seemingly endless photo opportunities - at a cost of course) except at weekends and in peak periods?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeKGS
Super** Member
Super** Member

Post by MikeKGS » 2 years ago

I think my biggest worry for Primrose Valley is the size of the venue. The park keeps growing and the venues aren't. Getting in to Jesters, or whatever its going to be called this year is usually standing room only if you aren't there when the doors open, and for any thing like the wresting over the summer you need to queue for half an hour before the doors open to get anything other than standing room only at the back.

Last year I enjoyed the Funstars. I thought the guy who was the funstar leader was great with the kids and always happy. That said we would have liked a little more party music a little earlier so that the younger kids weren't unconscious.

I also want to add that I really enjoyed the Night At the Musicals Owners event
Last edited by MikeKGS on 28 Jan 2016 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Peter_F
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Peter_F » 2 years ago

We had some fantastic shows last season at Caister, from the relatively well known such as Jonathan Wilkes to some unknown bands etc. Agreed the Adult Gameshow section needs to not only to be retired but preferably banned. We pay a lot of money to be entertained, not to have some hyperactive teenager banging on about needing a man or needing a lady and then basically using humiliation in an attempt to entertain themselves and others. In general the fun stars do a great job and work extremely hard. Agreed we really deserve more visiting acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ABI Horizon 2013. 36 x 12. 3 Bed.
Haven Caister.

Its taken some time to make the leap but now we're there. :hello1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

I agree with Mike - but like lots of other owners, I rarely go into Jesters - it's dark, oppressive, far too loud and far too big. For me, anyway. but I know it's really popular with holidaymakers there for the week, and prepared to join the ridiculous queue culture !

The acts ae on far too late, (if you've already been in there hours, to get a seat) and the interminable photo with the characters sessions....mind numbing time after time.

Our park is extending in terms of plots but I think an additional venue is needed rather than extending what's already there. Having said that, there is now a once a month live act in owners lounge so I'm all in favour of that. It's impossible to please everyone but the quality of the acts is pretty dire. As for the showbar -- I've been in there and cringed at the poor souls on stage, performing to barely a response (death to any comedian) or competing with the noise of everyone shouting over each other to be heard.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , westlawn , johnturley , Snake , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , steve n elaine , djpaulbritton , Woodgnome , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , Fishing Widow , mevennais , dazzabuk , MikeKGS , MikeandJayne , mal , thewarboys , TforTerry , louiseandgraham , Tj123 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , Julie2662 , smarson73 , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , Jsims , Chrisxx , jabba_wokko , bladesprincess , Prouty33 , Mattysmum , jillyb , Jayco8 ,