Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Social / ballroom / latin dancing

CABARET REVIEW - How do you rate the cabaret you have seen? Where and When did you see them?
FORTHCOMING EVENTS - Something Interesting happening on or near your Park? Let others know here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
RachelD
Posts in topic: 2

Social / ballroom / latin dancing

Post by RachelD » 2 years ago

Hi all

As a kid I used to spend many a half term and summer holidays at Brynowen caravan park in Borth, Wales. Back then it was Haven, but think it's Park now.

Anyway, I remember even though it was a small site the evening entertainment was really good. The kids entertainment and dancing lasted a good hour (and usually half the adults got up too!), there were loads of talent contests, and after the main act there was always the regular live band and people would be up quick-stepping and waltzing around till late :big_grin:

Roll forward 20-30 years and now it's me wanting my kids to experience the same, but I haven't been able to find it. Do any of the clubs still have live music and dancing??

We were in Hafan Y Mor last September and when we took a look around the entertainment room during the day it looked really nice/big but the dandefloor was so tiny I dont think you could dance much on it if you wanted to... It's got me thinking that maybe that sort of entertainment doesn't exist anymore?!?!

We plan to visit a few more sites to see what we can find, but if anyone can narrow down the search that would be great :dance:

Thanks all
Rachel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
RachelD
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Social / ballroom / latin dancing

Post by RachelD » 2 years ago

Over 30 views but no replies? :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I guess nobody cares about dancing.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

I must admit that dancing is not 'my thing'; but your post inspired me to ask about evening entertainment as a whole in this new thread - http://www.havenownersforum.co.uk/viewt ... 60&t=20007
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

I don't think that kind of entertainment exists anymore.
Even in the 15 years I've been an owner the Entertainment has changed drastically.
There used to be live acts all week now it's all funstar shows which are great if your on holiday but who wants to watch same thing week in week out?
There used to be Tiger Club & Party dances these also seem to have ended everyone enjoyed half hour of Party Dances old & Young would regularly be "Looking for Tigers" or putting their "Fingers in Front" :hello1: :dancingbanana:
Once again I suppose it's down to cost cutting!! Bands cost Money :rolleyes:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Keith 2 » 2 years ago

Not dancing as you say but look at Bunn Leisure website and entertainment it is far superior and various than Haven.

They do have one club for country and line dancing most Saturday nights.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , johnturley , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , MikeKGS , MikeandJayne , HappyValley , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , RachelD , Jayco8 , Gedburns ,