Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

2016 Site Fees

Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc. If it can save us money post it here.
If we are able to secure any discounts from suppliers, etc. The discount codes and/or information will be posted here.
Please ask general and open questions in this forum, so that the information is available to all members.

Moderator: Moderation Team

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 22

Re: 2016 Site Fees

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Oooo - its turned in a miniature letter icon! I was looking for the actual thumbs....ok thanks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:Oooo - its turned in a miniature letter icon! I was looking for the actual thumbs....ok thanks.
It should still be the 'Thumb' icon - that's what I see; I haven't changed it :dontknow:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Its clearly this ipad! I am a technophobe other than using the keyboard....I now have to log in every time......last week I was always logged in, and taken straight to the post!!

Ipads eh? And Ive used all browsers.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cliff
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cliff » 2 years ago

Just received a written response to my email to Bourne, following on from the various correspondence I have had with them regarding the unfair increases in Site Fees. Sean Power, the Ops Director makes it clear in the letter that he has nothing further to add, so I guess that's the end of a genuine customer query. He does not accept that back when I bought my van in 2009, that the salesman may have been economical with the truth about how site fees go up, that you have to pay rates etc, and Mr Power systematically went through the list of extra payments I wasn't told about, dismissing them with comments like winterisation service is optional (I'm not a plumber) and you can sort your own insurance out. I mentioned that the salesman told my wife and I that we could use the caravan 365 days of the year, although the complex would be shut, but apparently I should have checked the Park Rules, rather than accepting what one of their employees was telling us. Anyway, the idea behind my email was to politely ask Bourne if they might consider some sort of loyalty cap on annual rises, particularly as most owners understandably believed they might be capped at inflation when they bought their vans. Mr Power's response was that they already recognise loyalty, by not charging us as much as they charge the new owners for site fees. In a previous letter, Mr Power pointed out all of the additional expense Bourne has, such as the Living Wage (despite the majority of their employees not being old enough to receive it) and the continuous improvements to the Park as justification for the huge increases. No recognition of my suggestion that Bourne benefits from the improvements, and should fund them out of their profits. I notice Bourne has just purchased a new Park! So, put up with the arbitrary site fee rises, or leave is what I learned from this exercise. Fabulous customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cliff
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cliff » 2 years ago

Just received a written response to my email to Bourne, following on from the various correspondence I have had with them regarding the unfair increases in Site Fees. Sean Power, the Ops Director makes it clear in the letter that he has nothing further to add, so I guess that's the end of a genuine customer query. He does not accept that back when I bought my van in 2009, that the salesman may have been economical with the truth about how site fees go up, that you have to pay rates etc, and Mr Power systematically went through the list of extra payments I wasn't told about, dismissing them with comments like winterisation service is optional (I'm not a plumber) and you can sort your own insurance out. I mentioned that the salesman told my wife and I that we could use the caravan 365 days of the year, although the complex would be shut, but apparently I should have checked the Park Rules, rather than accepting what one of their employees was telling us. Anyway, the idea behind my email was to politely ask Bourne if they might consider some sort of loyalty cap on annual rises, particularly as most owners understandably believed they might be capped at inflation when they bought their vans. Mr Power's response was that they already recognise loyalty, by not charging us as much as they charge the new owners for site fees. In a previous letter, Mr Power pointed out all of the additional expense Bourne has, such as the Living Wage (despite the majority of their employees not being old enough to receive it) and the continuous improvements to the Park as justification for the huge increases. No recognition of my suggestion that Bourne benefits from the improvements, and should fund them out of their profits. I notice Bourne has just purchased a new Park! So, put up with the arbitrary site fee rises, or leave is what I learned from this exercise. Fabulous customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

I know the saying 'caveat emptor' when buying a house. (Well anything really I suppose?) But it doesnt automatically absolve salesmen for being 'economical with the truth'. But I suppose the option is there to cancel the sale within fourteen days, if owners discover something in the park rules that they had been told a different version of?

Or - how about this......make sure that this vague 'oh only about £100 a year' or 'oh in keeping with inflation' is more clearly defined?? Maybe telling new owners that it could be anything!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:I know the saying 'caveat emptor' when buying a house. (Well anything really I suppose?) But it doesnt automatically absolve salesmen for being 'economical with the truth'. But I suppose the option is there to cancel the sale within fourteen days, if owners discover something in the park rules that they had been told a different version of?

Or - how about this......make sure that this vague 'oh only about £100 a year' or 'oh in keeping with inflation' is more clearly defined?? Maybe telling new owners that it could be anything!!
If the salesman was prepared to sign to agree he/she has said such things, then it would be beneficial. However, we know that won't happen, and the ummmm's and errrrrr's would appear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Celtygirl » 2 years ago

It's still a verbal contract, so legally binding, but who of us has the money to litigate against BL to enforce it - and they know it :angryfire:
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dingledong
5* Member
5* Member

Post by dingledong » 2 years ago

If everyone on the forum paid a smallish amount into a centrAl fund then I am sure we could hire the right people and fight it :wave:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 2 years ago

dingledong wrote:If everyone on the forum paid a smallish amount into a centrAl fund then I am sure we could hire the right people and fight it :wave:
That is a nice thought, and in principle a very good idea. I can't help but think though that a company the size of BL will have a legal department that are red hot on the legalities of the leisure industry, and know how to keep them just this side of the law. I think that's exactly how they operate- just legal enough to be able to protect themselves from litigation. Sadly, with this type of challenge in the legal system, it is invariably the ones with the fattest wallet that win. It's a pity you cannot take them to court for being thoroughly greedy, unsympathetic and disloyal to their owners :censored:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , j232 , Static Caravan UK , bradders , marieh , winderdriver54 , Steve Morgan , Briggsy , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , colin8016 , ste , westlawn , Wozza , crusaderpete , pamjay , Traceymac , woolley , Steve&Liz , JulieR , valkeys , Sime , rosiefcb , bobbyh101 , clairmw , cliff , johnturley , Loubyloux , Snake , Bradford Lad , Darshy , amyamy1246 , Rach&Phil , capprii , Brian77 , springhay , spikematthews , Unsy , torchy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , lillibet14 , Bing [Bot] , Cliff_Top , clare , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , AndrewHarrison , Duke , jim , EmmaBob , stewsoft11 , lupin15 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Woodgnome , villa61 , DaisyMay , irongraham , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mevennais , syko , p sands , Fastbaz , simmons1312 , lhiggonyoung , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , dotty , ROXY , mansel , MrsMop , sandune , thewarboys , TforTerry , rigor , jontymo , bandb666 , Bexcoop , holiday , louiseandgraham , redrabbit , lizzy2002 , Koala Services , Tj123 , dennyboy , SStubbsUK , mrsnowman , saycraig , PMC , borolad , Garthbr1 , billywhizz1964 , allyt25 , janesone , Christine16 , Lorna1372 , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , fabiasimon , HappyValley , jamiep , tonychris , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Sunrise , Clapham1972 , smarson73 , Natste73 , bottoc , mick8103 , Holden , Frankieboy , shirazismail , woodyh24a , Hardcastlefamily , lmj4851 , Silver Surfer , PK Thor , REDROOFS01 , nessebo , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , furypol , Loopylou , Jsims , ade225 , dingledong , ljashcroft , TwinMumRoch , Chrisxx , Mick and ivy , Jabulani , jamiesinclair , seabird7 , terrymw , Mike241246 , susang , mariarose , alisonasb , MikeGem , Fraggle1 , mathew1969 , Brian Scotney , jmcgrath , GillAdams , kittykat , carly , Sam all mine , dov , Maggie , Dave12345 , deano99 , Renate Baker , Jason T , Archie , judytearall , redkeech , jabba_wokko , strandman55 , toomey1133 , TomWilson , Nataliedavies33 , bladesprincess , Tony081161 , KAIINKA1 , oldnine , amogan , Elver21 , Patricia mozley , Raptor12 , Taylor2013 , Jako , Brodster1 , Sugarlump , Shanimills , Deeseejay , sprouty , craig tara owner , Binbag , jald2307 , Prouty33 , Bigoldman , STUBHOY7979 , jillyb , bwfc , RachelD , Jayco8 , Newby , turner , loiner1965 , Kathmorg , Suzyq , Tkm100 , Hollibobs1 , Fairylights , Nain , BirdieGolf , jeeves , Ebonfield , Bez , Janine1964 , Helen , Funkyboy , kieran , keane54 , tommy1656 , Davenport , juddah , peggy123 , Donnakebab ,

Return to “Finance - Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc.”