Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

2016 Site Fees

Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc. If it can save us money post it here.
If we are able to secure any discounts from suppliers, etc. The discount codes and/or information will be posted here.
Please ask general and open questions in this forum, so that the information is available to all members.

Moderator: Moderation Team

stewsoft11
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 7

Re: 2016 Site Fees

Post by stewsoft11 » 2 years ago

Thank You smarson73, that's very useful information as we didn't have a number 3! So what the hell are we paying for on our Park?
All the best
Regards

Stew

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

amogan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by amogan » 2 years ago

when buying our van we were told that fees would go up with inflation or approx. £90 to £100 per season.
have checked our increase its 7.5%.
if all vans on park have gone up 295 which makes again approx. £560,000 extra in site fees for next season,my income will not increase by 7.5%.
would like to know what they intend to do with the extra income,
conclusion you are now officially caught,if you walk away you get a pittance for van,if staying and things keep going as they are every 4 years fees up £1000,
upgrading becomes a distant memory.and looking on line at other sites vans here are more expensive .but its not all bad on site.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cliff
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cliff » 2 years ago

Hi All, I have received a written response to my letter to the Ops Director for DC, Sean Power, complaining about the rationale behind the latest above inflation site fee hike. He says that he feels that the reasons for the hike had been "comprehensively" explained to owners, but he offered me some information for further clarity...a bit impertinent I thought. Mr Power explains that NCC Code of Practice states that they can pass on charges when reviewing site fees annually, including 1, changes in their operating costs, such as the Living Wage. 2, sums spent for the benefit of the owners. 3, charges outside of their control. 4, inflation.....so effectively....everything! I have since responded saying that I used to be a Director of a National Retailer, and if we passed our pay rises and costs of improving our stores directly on to our customers by hiking prices every year by 5%, we would soon go out of business...however as we are emotionally and financially tied in to Bourne, they can do what they like with impunity. Similarly, I mused to Mr Power that I felt that the clause would have been there to help fledgling caravan sites to survive, not to further inflate Bourne's vast profits. I also pointed out that at NO TIME did the salesman, back n 2009 point out that the site fee I agreed to would jump up at over inflation arbitrary amounts each year, until I could no longer afford to remain on site.
The letter was two pages long, it didn't tell me anything other than Bourne have the right to make improvements to their parks, and charge us for enabling them to make even more profit.
Don't get me wrong, I love being at Devon Cliffs, the Management, Staff and facilities are all first class....I just think that to increase my cost to be there by huge amounts each year is very, very unfair, and the model is completely in favour of Bourne.
There's no point in me threatening to leave, as I don't want to go, and it wouldn't make a jot of difference to Bourne if I left. I just want them to play fair. I want to be able to afford to stay at Devon Cliffs...that is all. I love it there.
PLEASE...other Owners...if you are similarly fed up with this, let Bourne know, as if you don't, it will happen every year!
Cliff

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 22

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Thats an excellent post Cliff! And I agree the repy was patronising in the least...Your point about being emotionally and financially tied was spot on as well. Anyone joining now would do as well buying the cheapest van possible to hedge their losses before they start? I think they should at least promise a reasonable increase next yeat - or there will be may owners leaving and regretting they didnt go this year?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

amogan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by amogan » 2 years ago

Agree 100%,to change their attitude towards the owners
the whole site will have to unite,for them to take notice.
Otherwise they will do this year after year,
other option why not put a levy on holidays which
Would and could reduce site fees,(£5).per week.
They are also enjoying the facilities as well.
Only a thought.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mevennais » 2 years ago

amogan wrote:Agree 100%,to change their attitude towards the owners
the whole site will have to unite,for them to take notice.
Otherwise they will do this year after year,
other option why not put a levy on holidays which
Would and could reduce site fees,(£5).per week.
They are also enjoying the facilities as well.
Only a thought.
They could also stop giving huge reductions in holiday prices, which I am convinced is an attempt to block out private rentals.
Bye bye Haven and BL. :walk: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chrisandwendy » 2 years ago

Does anybody know when the 2016 haven brochure is out
will be interesting to see if holiday maker prices have gone up or to rub salt in gone down.

I just don't see why as owners we have to cover so called improvements or additions to havens running costs.surely haven should be using there massive profits.

with times the way they are you would of thought we would of had a discount by now.

And if as owners we are responsible for paying the difference why don't we get any notification or even a say in what the increase actually goes on.
To be fair roads being tarmaced and street lights being upgraded should be the parks responsibility

Chris and Wendy :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

I don't know if it is in the travel agents shops yet, but you can order one on line from Haven or you can download the new 'Haven Holiday Brochure' app that is available for Android and iPhone and that will give you 2016 prices.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

Or just look online!

Funny you mention it, as I'm pretty sure they've gone down. And I'm talking full price, not the percentage off sale price for booking early

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chrisandwendy » 2 years ago

Whitey wrote:Or just look online!

Funny you mention it, as I'm pretty sure they've gone down. And I'm talking full price, not the percentage off sale price for booking early
That's why I want to look at the 2015 and 2016 brochure to compare.the online bookings can be amended at any time but the brochure is black and white.

Will make interesting reading if we are also subsidising cheap holidays.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , j232 , Static Caravan UK , bradders , marieh , winderdriver54 , Steve Morgan , Briggsy , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , colin8016 , ste , westlawn , Wozza , crusaderpete , pamjay , Traceymac , woolley , Steve&Liz , JulieR , valkeys , Sime , rosiefcb , bobbyh101 , clairmw , cliff , johnturley , Loubyloux , Snake , Bradford Lad , Darshy , amyamy1246 , Rach&Phil , capprii , Brian77 , springhay , spikematthews , Unsy , torchy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , lillibet14 , Bing [Bot] , Cliff_Top , clare , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , AndrewHarrison , Duke , jim , EmmaBob , stewsoft11 , lupin15 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Woodgnome , villa61 , DaisyMay , irongraham , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mevennais , syko , p sands , Fastbaz , simmons1312 , lhiggonyoung , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , dotty , ROXY , mansel , MrsMop , sandune , thewarboys , TforTerry , rigor , jontymo , bandb666 , Bexcoop , holiday , louiseandgraham , redrabbit , lizzy2002 , Koala Services , Tj123 , dennyboy , SStubbsUK , mrsnowman , saycraig , PMC , borolad , Garthbr1 , billywhizz1964 , allyt25 , janesone , Christine16 , Lorna1372 , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , fabiasimon , HappyValley , jamiep , tonychris , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Sunrise , Clapham1972 , smarson73 , Natste73 , bottoc , mick8103 , Holden , Frankieboy , shirazismail , woodyh24a , Hardcastlefamily , lmj4851 , Silver Surfer , PK Thor , REDROOFS01 , nessebo , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , furypol , Loopylou , Jsims , ade225 , dingledong , ljashcroft , TwinMumRoch , Chrisxx , Mick and ivy , Jabulani , jamiesinclair , seabird7 , terrymw , Mike241246 , susang , mariarose , alisonasb , MikeGem , Fraggle1 , mathew1969 , Brian Scotney , jmcgrath , GillAdams , kittykat , carly , Sam all mine , dov , Maggie , Dave12345 , deano99 , Renate Baker , Jason T , Archie , judytearall , redkeech , jabba_wokko , strandman55 , toomey1133 , TomWilson , Nataliedavies33 , bladesprincess , Tony081161 , KAIINKA1 , oldnine , amogan , Elver21 , Patricia mozley , Raptor12 , Taylor2013 , Jako , Brodster1 , Sugarlump , Shanimills , Deeseejay , sprouty , craig tara owner , Binbag , jald2307 , Prouty33 , Bigoldman , STUBHOY7979 , jillyb , bwfc , RachelD , Jayco8 , Newby , turner , loiner1965 , Kathmorg , Suzyq , Tkm100 , Hollibobs1 , Fairylights , Nain , BirdieGolf , jeeves , Ebonfield , Bez , Janine1964 , Helen , Funkyboy , kieran , keane54 , tommy1656 , Davenport , juddah , peggy123 , Donnakebab ,

Return to “Finance - Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc.”