Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Insurance Advice

Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc. If it can save us money post it here.
If we are able to secure any discounts from suppliers, etc. The discount codes and/or information will be posted here.
Please ask general and open questions in this forum, so that the information is available to all members.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Briggsy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Insurance Advice

Post by Briggsy » 3 years ago

So it is that time again to renew my insurance. However I have been thinking about how much my caravan is insured for and whether it is too high. My caravan was new in 2006 and at the moment is insured as New for Old at £50000. Is this a bit excessive? Should I look at reducing that amount and if so to what amount? My current insurance company only does New for Old caravans up to 10 years old. If I stay with them would they automatically change the policy to Market value from next year?

Sorry for all the questions but don't want to pay for more for insurance than I really need.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Insurance Advice

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

My caravan is 21 years old and I have always insured through Haven. Their policy was new for old up to 15 years old and when my van reached the 15 year milestone they did automatically change my cover to market value and my premium dropped accordingly. I am expecting my premium this year to be around £60.

Is the £50k just for the caravan or does it also include all pitch clearance costs, reconnection costs, safety tests, etc.? You need to be sure of what is covered before you think about reducing the amount of cover.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Julies , Bing [Bot] , MikeandJayne , allyt25 , CoffeeAndBaileys , Silver Surfer , DJ59 , Loopylou , Jsims , dingledong , Jabulani , KAIINKA1 , Wannabe Owner , Prouty33 , John Burke ,

Return to “Finance - Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc.”