Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Gas and Electricity bills for this year

Site Fees, Gas, Electric, Insurance, Tax, Owners/Members Discounts Etc. If it can save us money post it here.
If we are able to secure any discounts from suppliers, etc. The discount codes and/or information will be posted here.
Please ask general and open questions in this forum, so that the information is available to all members.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
scorpiolady
Posts in topic: 1

Gas and Electricity bills for this year

Post by scorpiolady » 4 years ago

Hi all,
Has anyone found that their gas bill has doubled this year?, i know we rent through Haven and this is an expensive way, but had all the bills added for this year and was shocked at how much the gas bill was :frown:
Has anyone seen if their gas bill has doubled this year, i know that gas has gone up, but didn't think it has doubled that much, we phoned the office to tell them to re read the meter as we have had problems in the past with them not reading the meter properly and charging silly money for the gas bill, i could see if we have had bad weather this year and normally i could see the electric being higher with all the gadgets that people now have on charge..lol,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gas and Electricity bills for this year

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

My charges on Presthaven are what I expected, in fact my gas bill is lower than I had calculated. :big_grin:

I use the 'Energy Cost Calculator' spreadsheet from our 'Members Resources' section. You may find it useful to monitor your Gas & Electricity use throughout the season and avoid a shock at the end of the season.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

Energy Cost Calculator Spreadsheet ???!! Fills me with dread.....bottled gas so easy to monitor. Rent out summer months which keeps it to a minimum.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

springhay wrote:Energy Cost Calculator Spreadsheet ???!! Fills me with dread......
Really easy to use :big_grin: All you need to do is put in the prices charged on your last bill and then enter your meter readings. :thumbup:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mevennais » 4 years ago

springhay wrote:.bottled gas so easy to monitor. Rent out summer months which keeps it to a minimum.
As long as you chain your bottles together. If not they can :walk:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Chrissy
5* Member
5* Member

Post by Chrissy » 4 years ago

I have 2 vans on PBR 1 van was £90 electric last year and £214 this year the other was £110 and this year £346!!!! i certainly dont think it has increased this much? Gas however is reduced by £80 WOW doesnt make up for the electric!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Victoria197400

Post by Victoria197400 » 4 years ago

Our gas usage was about the same as last year, but our electricity bill came through for £598!!!! Queried this with Haven ... waited a week & still no response so chased again only to be told it must be a fault with our meter despite having them re-read the meter and agree the opening and closing balance with us which was 4000 units less than that on the bill. I know it was probably a human keying error, but we had dreadful attitude from the supposed owners customer service staff on site with no apology for the error. Since had an amended bill for £96! Makes me wonder though how many other bills are wrong yet still paid as the overcharge is not so glaringly obvious.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 4 years ago

Sad maybe but I read our meters EVERY time we leave the van - We don't let. I had to "correct" them a couple of times in the early years AND we've quickly identified two problems in the past and had meters replaced. Also questioned a couple of times units used over winter when we weren't there! One was a dodgy meter, the other was the frost saver on the heating system I was unaware of!! :frown:

The other meter problem was a (minor) gas leak!

This year as usual their numbers and mine match. :smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , p sands , borolad , REDROOFS01 , mook99pink , redkeech , Nataliedavies33 , Al60jan , dna85x ,