Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Far Grange

All posts on this forum should be specific to FAR GRANGE. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

dotty
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Far Grange

Post by dotty » 5 years ago

Hi Yorkshirebelle
Many thanks for the link but it does not take you anywhere unless you can show me how to get to the site where the rentals are, this something I would like to pursue as we were told categorically that there are no site rentals that is why we moved there I would hate to think I have been duped

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 5 years ago

Hi Dotty if you read down it says holiday bookings taken from £275-£1,250 per week.

Or just ASK JEEVES caravans to let or hire Far Grange that brings individual lettings up
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dotty
Power Member
Power Member

It does indeed then it takes you to Haven Page where there is no mention of Far Grange I think the ad is just a link to other Haven holiday sites I have not seen anywhere on the internet where it mentions Haven let out caravans at Far Grange I double checked before we moved and asked them if they had any intentions of having holiday lets in the future and they said a definite NO maybe the odd owner rents out to help with site fees but does it hush hush

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
winderdriver54
Power Member
Power Member

Post by winderdriver54 » 5 years ago

There are one or two who rent Dotty and you can let it to friends and family. When Haven took over a few years ago they tried letting vans up to a £1000 a week but this plan failed thank God.Ask anybody who has tramped the East Coast searching the best parks and Far Grange comes out top everytime.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 5 years ago

So these owners that are renting out. How does that work?
Surely you have owners passes to use facilities so where do they get their passes from to use your site or can anyone just wander around?

Also when I visited Far Grange a couple of years ago outsiders were allowed use of pool and restaurant upon payment.

And in reply to windowdriver
Not everyone will agree that yours is the best Park on this coast. It Is Each to their Own Opinion and believe me I have tramped The East Coast :big_grin:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sovereign
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sovereign » 5 years ago

I dont know anything about far grange, so as an outsider i had a look to see if i wanted to rent a caravan there could i, and the answer is yes, i found loads of adverts with caravans for rent on far grange. heres one of them i found amongst many.

Sited on the five star, award winning site of Far Grange Holiday Caravan 37 x 12 Bedrooms: 2 Sleeps: 7 Lowest Price: £250 Highest Price: £450 Smoking Allowed: No Disabled Facilities: No Pets Allowed: No Linen Provided: The caravan is situated close to all facillities but is also in a quiet place. It has two bedrooms, double bed to master bedroom and double bed with single bunk above to second bedroom. In the living area there is a TV with freeview,a DVD player and a video player. The toilet and shower room are separate and all linen is provded for you. On site there is an 18 hole golf course, pitch and putt course, 2 fishing lakes, indoor swimming pool, evening entertainment, adventure playground for the children, sauna/steam room and solarium, a gym and multi sports hall, ten pin bowling, amusements etc. If you wish to go off site then Bridlington is just ten miles north of Far Grange or there is Hornsea, which has a freeport approximatly 5 minutes drive. There is also the old town of Beverley or you could go bird watching at Flambrough.

regards

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sovereign
Power Member
Power Member

Post by sovereign » 5 years ago

dotty wrote:It does indeed then it takes you to Haven Page where there is no mention of Far Grange I think the ad is just a link to other Haven holiday sites I have not seen anywhere on the internet where it mentions Haven let out caravans at Far Grange I double checked before we moved and asked them if they had any intentions of having holiday lets in the future and they said a definite NO maybe the odd owner rents out to help with site fees but does it hush hush
as far as i can see haven do not let out, but bottom line doesnt matter if its the owners or haven its still people, i could book tomorrow no problem with any number of people i have found, so not very " hush hush "

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

djpaulbritton
5* Member
5* Member

Post by djpaulbritton » 5 years ago

With regards to holiday makers, without them I wonder what we would have on some of the smaller parks. They do put plenty of money through the tills too. Most we have met so far have been fine.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dotty
Power Member
Power Member

I suppose if people rent out to friends and family they know the people and trust them to respect their caravans and the park, and odd ones that rent out and shouldnt may vet them a litlle, I had some terrible experiences at Thorpe Park with Haven Holidy Makers especially on the specal deal weeks, unruly kids where the parents were more interested in boozing that taking care of their kids, dont get me wrong I love kids I have 3 grandchildren myself, but they are not left to run riot and bother other people and make a nuisance of themselves. As for Far Grange being the best on the East Coast I cannot comment as I have only had experience of Thorpe Park and Far Grange and I have got to say out of the 2 Far Grange is a far superior park but that is my opinion and I suppose it is whatever floats your boat some people like busy loud parks and others like a slower pace. I just want a nice friendly tranquil home from home and that is what Far Grange provides, and long may it continue, if Haven ever did decide to turn it into a rental park they would lose a lot of owners as that is one of the main reasons buy there and there isnt many empty plots so it must work for them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
winderdriver54
Power Member
Power Member

Post by winderdriver54 » 5 years ago

yorkshirebelle wrote:So these owners that are renting out. How does that work?
Surely you have owners passes to use facilities so where do they get their passes from to use your site or can anyone just wander around?

Also when I visited Far Grange a couple of years ago outsiders were allowed use of pool and restaurant upon payment.

And in reply to windowdriver
Not everyone will agree that yours is the best Park on this coast. It Is Each to their Own Opinion and believe me I have tramped The East Coast :big_grin:
Owners at Far Grange recieve free fishing on 2 massive lakes, free 9 hole golf, free bowls, tennis, open every weekend throughout year, 10 free passes for guests, free coffees in Owners Lounge. Not sure Primrose Valley tops this but when I looked at it I think I made the right choice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , MSN [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] ,

Return to “Far Grange”