Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Park Rules/Selling a Caravan

All posts on this forum should be specific to DONIFORD BAY. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: vistauk

Topic author
helenf74
Posts in topic: 1

Park Rules/Selling a Caravan

Post by helenf74 » 2 weeks ago

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance if this topic has already been discussed.

We have been an owners at Doniford Bay since August 2003.

In 2016 we decided that because our family circumstances had changed, it was probably practical to sell our caravan.

I contacted the Sales team at Doniford for help and advice and was incredibly surprised, when all I got back was a list of websites of where to advertise the caravan!

So after 6 months of nothing, we put a "for sale" sign in the window, (March 2017)

We are absolutely furious to receive a letter from the park yesterday, advising that we have to take down the "for sale" sign as they are not permitted, due to change of park rules, and to contact the sales team if we wanted to sell.

Why would I do this??

Both of the sales team at Doniford know our caravan is up for sale and neither have contacted us to help or advise. (I got fed up of leaving messages for calls back) The one, is telling potential buyers not to buy privately owned vans, for all sorts of reasons (but I suspect mainly due to the fact he wouldn't earn any commission!) I know this because one kindly let me know!

We can't speak for any other owners but we haven't seen a copy of any 2018 Park rules and would be interested to read these, if anyone has a copy they could send us.

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has managed to sell a caravan at Doniford (with or without their help!) on how they did it and where they advertised

I apologize for my first post being a sort of rant, but they have infuriated me beyond belief!

Thanks
Helen

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Park Rules/Selling a Caravan

Post by Keith » 2 weeks ago

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum :wave:

I was going to direct you to the copy of the 2018 Park Rules supplied by John from Primrose Valley, but I saw you had already visited that post.
It has been against Park Rules to have a 'for sale' sign in your caravan for as long as I can remember.
Most owners who sell privately advertise on Social Media as well as more specialized websites, all private sales have to go through the sales team and, yes, they will try and divert potential buyers towards their caravans.

Like you, a sudden and devastating change in my family circumstances forced me to sell my caravan in 2016 and after 23 years it was heartbreaking. My caravan was 23 years old and so the park bought it off me for the price they would get from a trader and sold it on without making a profit.

Unfortunately, because I haven't been an owner for over two years now, I don't have access to BL's current rules and policies, I am dependent on forum users to provide that information, which as you will see from the lack of activity on the forum, is something that they are not doing.

Sorry I can't be more help
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PrivateSaleCaravans
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PrivateSaleCaravans » 1 week ago

You need to be aware of how to price the caravan. Haven will charge you 12.5% + vat of the sale price as a commission. Also, you’ll need to include site fees and rates in your price, as well as a gas and electric safety check. For example, if you want £10000 you need to add £1500 for the commission, prob about £2000 for site fees and rates (check with the office), and about £200 for gas and electric checks. Therefore, for you to walk away with £10k you’ll need to sell for at least £13,700. Be aware that the new owner will have to do the paperwork with the sales team and they may be poached into buying through the site. Loads of places to advertise online
Http://www.privatesalecaravans.co.uk

Advertise your Private Sale Caravan with us

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PrivateSaleCaravans
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PrivateSaleCaravans » 1 week ago

It’s also worth noting that Haven are members of the NCC (National Caravan Council) so their rules on private sales are governed by the NCC’s Code Of Practice. The rules are available at

http://www.approvedholidayparks.co.uk/d ... b-2013.pdf

Specifically item 7 should tell you everything you need to know regarding selling. The rule about not allowing signs in windows is common throughout the industry and would be in your parks licence agreement.
Http://www.privatesalecaravans.co.uk

Advertise your Private Sale Caravan with us

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , ste , Bing [Bot] , sovereign , helenf74 , Jill Platts , kareng2 , PrivateSaleCaravans ,