Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Mum told to leave swimming pool for having too many children

All posts on this forum should be specific to BUTLINS Parks. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Mum told to leave swimming pool for having too many children

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Mum-of-four Kelly Noble was told by a lifeguard at Butlins’ Skegness resort to leave the swimming pool for having too many children.

The 34-year-old had taken her three children and her stepdaughter to the family resort as a special treat for her autistic 14-year-old son, Lewis.

Ms Noble described the incident: ‘After about 10 minutes, the lifeguard came up to me and asked if they were all my children.

‘He said he was going to have to ask us to leave as their policy is to only have two children to one adult.

‘I was really upset and so were the children – I practically had to pull them out of there kicking and screaming.’

The holiday had been arranged for the Nottinghamshire family by the charity, Family Fund, which supports children with disabilities.

A spokesperson for Butlins said: ‘When guests book with us, our phone advisors make them aware of our policies regarding child supervision in our pools and fairgrounds.

‘Our policy in our pools, which would mirror those of other public pools, is that every two children aged eight years old and under must be accompanied by at least one adult.’
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mum told to leave swimming pool for having too many chil

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Why on earth is it relevant to mention Autism and arranged by a charity?

The rules are there for safety reasons.....I was unable to take more than two children in and understood perfectly. What went wrong here, was that they shouldnt have been allowed in without this explanation before hand. We are all checked - how many children,, ages etc, to avoid this kind of confusion.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Celtygirl » 3 years ago

Agreed.
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Celtygirl » 3 years ago

Agreed.
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Bigoldman ,

Return to “Butlins”