Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Butlins hires 3yr old as quality control officer at Bognor

All posts on this forum should be specific to BUTLINS Parks. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

Butlins hires 3yr old as quality control officer at Bognor

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

A UK holiday company has confirmed what will be obvious to many: testing holidays is child’s play.

Butlins announced that it has hired a three-year-old girl as its latest quality control officer.

Sophia Jade Carr from Plymouth is to join the board of directors, sitting alongside managing director Dermot King as the holiday resort’s ‘(High) Chairman’.

The tot’s responsibilities include testing the pools, slides and toys on offer at the company’s Bognor Regis resort.

She will sample the new range of toddler-friendly dishes, rate star acts such as Angelina Ballerina and test the ‘bounciness of the beds’.

Other important duties will include rating the ‘splashiness of the water’ and ‘slipperiness of the slides’.

Sophia beat 650 other candidates to road test the ‘Just For Tots’ breaks at the resort ahead of their launch in April.

The holidays are aimed specifically at the under-fives and will offer ‘pushchair porters’, toddler-friendly meals, early-morning wake-up activities and live entertainment from Bob the Builder and Fireman Sam.

Butlins managing director Dermot King said Sophia was chosen due to her ‘leadership skills amongst her peers’ and said she was often described as 'demanding' and 'strong-willed' by her co-workers (parents).

He said that Miss Carr’s résumé showcased her ‘impressive capability to be both professional and fun.’

The company said that Sophia's feedback will used to make facilities at their resorts more child-friendly.

Sophia’s mum Samantha said: ‘Sophia has definite leadership skills, often dictating to us as a family exactly what to do and when we do it.

'She also has a wealth of experience in the tot’s market, with two years of nursery and pre-school education, where she played a key role in playtime and story telling.

'We have no doubt that Sophia will go on to deliver strong results for Butlins from day one - and I have no doubt she will tell it exactly like it is to Dermot and the team!'
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

trishfisher
Super**** Member
Super**** Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Butlins hires 3yr old as quality control officer at Bogn

Post by trishfisher » 4 years ago

Sweet little story, Keith, and no doubt some good PR for Butlins, but in principle, I agree with the idea....

I am constantly asking why Haven, and other places, don't ask a wheelchair user to come and advise on things on parks BEFORE they spend money building things that are then totally impractical for wheelchair users.

Ramps that are just 'too high' for self propelled or mini mobility scooters, doors that have to be 'pulled' open so that wheelchair users have to go forward, drag the door, manouvre back with the heavy door in hand, then somehow, fly through said door before it bangs us on the rear!

Oh, and don't even get me started about entrances..... at Blue Dolphin owners office, there is a great ramp up to the decking. And a ridiculous STEP to get into the offices!! How simple it would be to put a ramped access in, but again, they make a token gesture that makes no sense whatsoever - I carry a mobile ramp with me now but I shouldnt have to really!

So if Butlins decide to hire a wheelchair user as an advisor, PICK ME, please!! lol. And I will leave Haven and buy a caravan on Butlins park!

I hope the little one gets 'listened to' in the board room! lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

My wife and a friend I often bring down to my van both have mobility problems and both now use mobility scooters. This will be the first season for them with their scooters and it will be interesting to see how they cope. :dontknow:

At first it seems as if the park is 'mobility friendly' but it is only when you actually have use a 'set of wheels' that the restrictions start to become apparent.

I will be discussing this at Hemel, so if you have any points you'd like me to put over, please Email me.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

trishfisher
Super**** Member
Super**** Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by trishfisher » 4 years ago

I do have a few points to make, Keith, on behalf of wheelchair users everywhere!! What is your email address, or shall I PM you? Manyt hanks for all the trouble you go to. Trish

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Hi Trish

Just click the mail icon under my name (next to the PM icon).

However, for future reference if you want it, my email is surprisingly, keith@havenownersforum.co.uk
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] ,

Return to “Butlins”