Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Butlins plans £4 million resorts upgrade

All posts on this forum should be specific to BUTLINS Parks. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Butlins plans £4 million resorts upgrade

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

[align=center]Travel Weekly 4th Nov 2013[/align]
Bourne Leisure is to invest £4 million into upgrading accommodation at Butlins’ three resorts for next year.

The company would not reveal any specific details of how the money would be spent, but confirmed it was in addition to the £12 million already earmarked for a new Chalet Village planned for 2015.

Also new in the Butlins 2014 brochure is a fairground at Butlins Minehead, set to open early next year. This is based on the success of Sir Billy’s fairground in Bognor Regis and will feature rides such as Helter Skelter, Waltzer, Vintage Carousel, and Dodgems.

In Bognor Regis, traditional 1950s amusements and a diner will be added, while Skegness will have a new Firehouse Grill restaurant for 2014.

New Butlins stores stocking popular merchandise such as Billy Bear, Bonnie Bear and the Skyline Gang will open at all three resorts.

New entertainment lined up for next year includes Scooby-Doo Live, while other new shows for 2014 include Cbeebies TV favourite Mister Maker and a summer Acrobatic Spectacular Show.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Butlins plans £4 million resorts upgrade

Post by caztek » 4 years ago

I'm off to Minehead nxt Aug , shhhhhh don't tell Ryan its a surprise so. More than happy with the idea of them upgrading the fairground .

Lol they certainly do need to upgrade some of their chalets , bet the upgrades are soon reflected in the prices

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mayday
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mayday » 4 years ago

Theres private caravans at Butlins Minehead.My friends stayed there in the summer and passes were included. They could use everything on site.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

trishfisher
Super**** Member
Super**** Member

Post by trishfisher » 4 years ago

Do they still own the Butlins hotels as well? I am thinking of that beautiful Butlins hotel on Blackpool sea front - a really impressive hotel with ballroom and fabulous staircase.... last I heard it was derelict but I would go back there if it was restored. Went there in the 60's as a kid and had an awesome week! The old lady who managed/lived on top floor was an ex of Billy Butlins, and she would swan down the staircase dressed to the nines to watch the 'tea party dance' in the arfternoons!! lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member

I walked around the caravan site when I was first thinking of purchasing a caravan approx 3 yrs ago but found the lighting around there was quite bad. It also seemed quite far from the complex but I do have mobility issues.

Having said all that I do want to have another look this year. Lol My sense of direction is horrendous so I probably took the longest route anyway . This time around I hope to have a little help :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Unsy » 4 years ago

caztek wrote:I walked around the caravan site when I was first thinking of purchasing a caravan approx 3 yrs ago but found the lighting around there was quite bad. It also seemed quite far from the complex but I do have mobility issues.

Having said all that I do want to have another look this year. Lol My sense of direction is horrendous so I probably took the longest route anyway . This time around I hope to have a little help :)
ssshhhhhh - we're keeping te visit a secret from the kids! :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member

Mums the word :) can't wait to see Ryan's face when he finds out your going :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] ,

Return to “Butlins”