Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

selling up . moving on etc

All posts on this forum should be specific to CAISTER. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderators: tonygardner, Briggsy

Topic author
tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 7

selling up . moving on etc

Post by tonygardner » 5 years ago

after what is now our 4th season at caister ,its time to sell up and move on , so if anyone or you know someone who is on the look out for a caravan that is not to far from the beach :wink: , has all the bits and bobs you need give us a call.07981061750
For more info on caravan see www.havencaravan.webs.com priced at a very fair £22000 no offers ,you could get that back in less than 4 years of hiring it out,
as for our eclipse at combe haven, thats off to one of three parks during the closed season rockley, hafan y mor , or perran sands ,or any other that may take our fancy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gary
Posts in topic: 1

Re: selling up . moving on etc

Post by Gary » 5 years ago

Any particular reason for moving from caister

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member

Gary wrote:Any particular reason for moving from caister
its a case of been there seen it done that , we have no plains to use the van this year , i no longer have the time to rent both out now due to work , so its a case to sell now or lose more later , as it stands i have broke even so not lost a penny ,may of even made a bob or two , caister is a great park for renting out that i can say , we are off to rockley park in a few weeks to have a look at moving our eclipse there ,but will say this after the mistake of combe haven not so much the park , the bloody sales man and the sales manager both have now gone that says a lot, we will be making more than sure that what they tell us about owners only facilitys is just that owners only :rant:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

valkeys
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by valkeys » 5 years ago

will be interested to hear what you think of Rockley. That was on our list, we had a few visits but gave up.
Few issues - public indoor pool very small, show bar - no idea why but guests didn't join in, they were trying to do party dances and in the end the funstars put chairs on the stage and said they may as well show us them sitting down so we could join in at our seats hehe.
BIggest problem was the pitches (and parking). they have a couple of newly developed areas but only if you have a relatively new van. The bring on pitches were worse than the ones we saw at Combe Haven! In the mud literally, backing onto the railway, only parking was on mud by the vans. They have squeezed vans in at every angle you can imagine, and unless you have a short van they don't have many pitches. We were meant to have a decent van with decking but they couldn't find anywhere to put it.
having said that, I loved the views there and the area, and the owners outdoor pool was nice. At the time they had a busy lounge but were strict on children going in after a certain time - whics would have been an issue for us. Yes, they do have a lounge!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member

valkeys wrote:will be interested to hear what you think of Rockley. That was on our list, we had a few visits but gave up.
Few issues - public indoor pool very small, show bar - no idea why but guests didn't join in, they were trying to do party dances and in the end the funstars put chairs on the stage and said they may as well show us them sitting down so we could join in at our seats hehe.
BIggest problem was the pitches (and parking). they have a couple of newly developed areas but only if you have a relatively new van. The bring on pitches were worse than the ones we saw at Combe Haven! In the mud literally, backing onto the railway, only parking was on mud by the vans. They have squeezed vans in at every angle you can imagine, and unless you have a short van they don't have many pitches. We were meant to have a decent van with decking but they couldn't find anywhere to put it.
having said that, I loved the views there and the area, and the owners outdoor pool was nice. At the time they had a busy lounge but were strict on children going in after a certain time - whics would have been an issue for us. Yes, they do have a lounge!
we will let you know how we get on , we are looking at moving at the end of the season , so no rush ,and wont this time jump at the first park :help:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hants

Post by Hants » 5 years ago

tonygardner wrote:as for our eclipse at combe haven, thats off to one of three parks during the closed season rockley, hafan y mor , or perran sands ,or any other that may take our fancy
I didn't know you could move caravans between Haven sites. We've asked Haven about this and other companies, but they always give the same answer - They've never got any pitches available, but if you really want to move they can sell you a new van.

How did you manage to get them to agree to this?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

valkeys
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by valkeys » 5 years ago

they usually do let you move - you have to pay reconnecting and a few fees, but not too bad. They only offer certain pitches - as they would [refer you to upgrade. we rejected the pitches when we were first shown, but rang a couple of times asked if others had come up - they said try again in the new year. In suppose they would rather we moved than left all together. They tried hard to get us to upgrade but failed! and the pitches were much better in the new year.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member

Hants wrote:
tonygardner wrote:as for our eclipse at combe haven, thats off to one of three parks during the closed season rockley, hafan y mor , or perran sands ,or any other that may take our fancy
I didn't know you could move caravans between Haven sites. We've asked Haven about this and other companies, but they always give the same answer - They've never got any pitches available, but if you really want to move they can sell you a new van.

How did you manage to get them to agree to this?
we found moving parks very easy ,they would rather sell you something, i have spoken to all the parks we are going to look at all are happy to bring on , there are a few that dont , lydstep beach, quay west, primrose valley ? , and seashore thats only cos they have no pitchs left

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Briggsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Briggsy » 5 years ago

Tony I can't believe you are leaving Caister. You are my closest neighbour. I must admit I have been thinking about moving to another park but simply due to the problems I have had with getting jobs done or jobs not being done right. Does anyone know what happened to Kim? She was great but seems to have disappeared.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member

Briggsy wrote:Tony I can't believe you are leaving Caister. You are my closest neighbour. I must admit I have been thinking about moving to another park but simply due to the problems I have had with getting jobs done or jobs not being done right. Does anyone know what happened to Kim? She was great but seems to have disappeared.
ah im selling the caravan but not compleatly leaving caister ?????? from next season i will be hiring out the caravan between us for the old couple , i called the park last week for some passes for guests and asked for kim and was told she no longer works for the company, as for getting jobs done dont even bother to look at combe haven never in the 4 years of owning a caravan such useless maintanice men , not one job i have asked them to do has been done right , have you looked at thorpe park must be closer to home for you , a very nice park with lots of open spaces.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , motocity1 , Sunrise , Kelly , Brian Scotney ,