Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

2016 Site fees

All posts on this forum should be specific to HAGGERSTON CASTLE. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
jald2307
Posts in topic: 3

2016 Site fees

Post by jald2307 » 2 years ago

Hi - I am an owner on Turnberry @ Haggerston castle. We picked the spot as not on top of the main complex, but more importantly a nicer/wider plot and not on one of the lakes (for childrens safety).
The fees went up for this year which seemed to be higher than the inflation rise that my contract refers to that is set by National Caravan Council (but no where to be found as BL seem to have their own slant on this) and now for next year 2016 again a whopping £270 increase which is somewhere between 6 and 7% increase.
All I want to know is if this is normal, and for anybody else on Turnberry - Or are we being singled out? The rate of inflation rises on top of what is expensive site fees is making ownership going to be barely affordable if continues like this year on year and certainly rules out an upgrade!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2016 Site fees

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
jald2307

Thanks Keith. That's useful however hoping some other haggerston castle users will reply to confirm they have similar. Surely BL don't do a blanket country rise as should be per park.
As I say my contract refers to rpi increase set by NCC which surely is not that steep at ovet 6% but can't seem to find any factual info on this.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

westlawn
Super* Member
Super* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by westlawn » 2 years ago

Hi I am on westlawn and have been for 15 year, the usual increase is just over £100 per year on site fees, but this year it has been a lot more.
For instance in 10 year it has gone up around £1000, but at this rate if it keeps up in just 4 year it will go up more than £1000. They know how to drive people away, as it seems a lot are selling this year at Haggerston Castle.
If this carrys on I will have to do the same myself after all this time on park, seems a shame they drive you away...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

I think the response weve already had from BL is about all we're going to get. Theres been a deafening silence since then, no matter how many posts are made on the forum? Like it or lump it then.......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
jald2307

Thanks. I didn't see a response for BL? I take it they are just towing their line.

One more thing - This years BL discount for purchasing through them is £323.12. The same as the previous 2 years. So they put the site fees up but keep the BL discount at a flat rate regardless of increase. I would have expected both of them to go up. Again, is this the same for everyone, or just us (on Haggerston)?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

The Discount for buying from BL hasn't changed in the 15 years they have owned Haven, and that applies to all parks.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , cliff , amyamy1246 , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Cliff_Top , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Whitey , thewarboys , TforTerry , Koala Services , Tj123 , mrsnowman , saycraig , PMC , janesone , bx56san , HappyValley , jamiep , bonjgb , PauldN , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Nataliedavies33 , Neilly75 , bigerik777 , Julesatkilnpark , jald2307 , parklne , Mrs T ,