Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Decorating

Hints, Tips, Advice, Contacts, Problems, Etc. If its about maintaning your caravan, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Tez & Shaz
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Decorating

Post by Tez & Shaz » 3 years ago

Im thinking of decorating my second caravan that i rent out to freshen it up a bit, has anyone done this, what paint or wall paper should i use and has anyone got any general tips or advice or is there anyone on Presthaven Sands that does this on the side lol. :lol:
Thank you in advance
Terry

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

westlawn
Super* Member
Super* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Decorating

Post by westlawn » 3 years ago

Hi, I done mine a few years ago and used silk paint that you use for the house, this worked well just painted over the paper on the walls, Only thing was that in the bedrooms the walls always felt a little sticky even though the paint way dry for a long time. So I decided to wallpaper.
The original paper on the boards just pulls off, if you get a knife and make a small hole in the paper then just peel off in strips, this leaves the backing on the board. You just buy wallpaper that you use in the house, (I would recommend a thick paper), I bought a tub of ready mixed paste from B and M bargins, this has anti mould in. Measure the paper on the wall then paste the back of the paper, leave a few minutes to soak in then put on the wall smooth off and trim ready for the next peace.
You can see some pictures on my web page www.haggerstoncastle.co.uk on the picture page.

Hope this helps a little

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Briggsy , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , springhay , Bing [Bot] , fairyqueen , Lynn and Carl , djpaulbritton , chrisandwendy , p sands , Fastbaz , Whitey , TforTerry , Koala Services , Tj123 , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , LisaHemelSupport , Nataliedavies33 , Parrydise , Bigoldman , jacosia65 ,

Return to “Caravan Improvements, Repairs & Maintenance”