Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Drain Down

Hints, Tips, Advice, Contacts, Problems, Etc. If its about maintaning your caravan, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Drain Down

Post by p sands » 2 years ago

How do you drain down ur van to keep cost down is it easy to do ??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Koala Services
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Drain Down

Post by Koala Services » 2 years ago

Have a look at this thread for more info on draining down.

http://www.havenownersforum.co.uk/viewt ... 31&t=18213

It all depends on what caravan you have as to how difficult the job can become.
The aim of draining down is to evacuate as much water from the pipes and appliances as possible.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member

Post by p sands » 2 years ago

Willerby salsa eco I have seen kits you can buy on ebay etc dont know whether there any good or not Has any owners bought any of these kits

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Koala Services
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Koala Services » 2 years ago

I'm assuming you mean these kits.
http://www.keepfloeing.com/

First time I've looked at these, work the same way as using a compressor really. Quite an informative video on there.
I'm assuming you haven't had CH fitted in the Salsa?
In your case it's just a matter of evacuating the water from the hot and cold pipes, particularly the heat exchange in the water boiler
The only issue I can anticipate with those kits is if your outside tap is of the non return valve type, which is most outside taps these days.
The air won't be able to pass the non return valve if you try attaching it the way it is shown in the video. When I drain down I fit the compressed air to the water incoming pipe and blast through from there.
Oh, and don't forget to add some Propylene Glycol Antifreeze to the toilet pans and sink/shower traps!
Neil

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TforTerry
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TforTerry » 2 years ago

I have 2 Salsa Eco's and have done my own drain downs (not got central heating) without a problem, without a kit. For 4 years
Just make sure all pipe work under van is running downhill (use wire ties to lift any sagging pipes.
Take out all drain plugs then open taps and turn on shower. Never had a problem, even when my outside thermostats has registered -11

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , yorkshirebelle , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , Duke , djpaulbritton , Marc & Helen , mevennais , p sands , zoco , mummybear , dotty , tonyking77 , TforTerry , Koala Services , janesone , bx56san , HappyValley , bonjgb , PauldN , kemlo , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , dingledong , mariarose , MikeGem , darsave , Nataliedavies33 , bladesprincess , Brodster1 , bajlm , Prouty33 ,

Return to “Caravan Improvements, Repairs & Maintenance”