Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Would you rely on a guest to leave van clean for next guest

This forum is for Polls or Surveys on any subject. If you wish to start a poll please do it here because polls tend to get buried in other forums.

Moderator: Moderation Team

jonesk5
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Would you rely on a guest to leave van clean for next gu

Post by jonesk5 » 6 years ago

thanks for the advice, will have a chat with some owners ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fizzygirl
8* Member
8* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fizzygirl » 6 years ago

I rented my van out to a couple with 3 young children. To be perfectly honest, I was worried about how it would be left. When i went down for the weekend after they had gone I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was everything spotlessly clean they left me a box of chocolates and all the children had made me cards to say thank you. I was so touched. The best was yet to come. When i walked into the loo they had put a new loo roll in the holder and folded the end to a point! Now that's attention to detail. I did phone them to say thank you and also to reassure myself that they hadn't spent their entire holiday cleaning. However, would I trust anyone else - definitely not.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by yorkshirebelle » 6 years ago

You just can't judge a book by its cover.
My guests that were in at the weekend I was so unsure about.
But van was spotless and lovely comments in my guest book they also want to book again as soon as they can confirm holidays
Guests in today came in June. Again the van was spotless when they left ( an these people had a large dog)
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mummybear » 6 years ago

Phew this van ownership/subletting sounds like it can be a real rollercoaster.
So many ups and downs.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lloydies
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Lloydies » 6 years ago

Chris (my wife) cleans for a few owners on our site, i won't go into detail as to what horrid things she has found apart from saying used womens hygiene things, old smelly socks & underwear & worse still....dog poo :(

Even when a guest leaves it clean (including our van) it still needs a good 30 to 60 minutes to get the van perfect.
When a vans been left a total tip it's taken 3 hours to get back to her standards.
Dave & Chris

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by yorkshirebelle » 6 years ago

OMG Lloydies.

Found the other things, but Dog Poo???? Hope I never find that.

But yes your right I spend minimum 1 hour in van and thats when it is surface clean. 2 and half hours was the worst and that was with 2 of us so 5 hours in total.
This is what the thread was all about. One owner wants me to check van after guests but does not in theory want me to clean???
When I go in and there is grass all over floor, dirty oven,toilet shower ect What do I do??/ What constitutes a clean??
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

islandtwo
Super** Member
Super** Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by islandtwo » 6 years ago

Yorkshirebelle, I would say if you think its unacceptable then it is definitely unacceptable to incoming renters.

All that will happen is they will leave a bad review on trip advisor about how dirty the caravan was and that reflects badly on everyone who rents out.

Lloydies that makes my crayons and empty loo roll seem positively trivial :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bradders » 6 years ago

As others have said, I'd never rely on a guest to do this. One persons "neat and tidy" is another persons idea of a mess!

When people are paying good money for a HOLIDAY they don't really want to spend the first hour or two (or more!) tidying up the mess that others have left behind. Cleaning is a necessary expense when letting out your van, and to a degree a good investment. You'll be far more likely to get repeat bookings, but also (in my view) those guests who come into a clean caravan that appears well looked after will be more likely to look after your van whilst they are there.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sealine30
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by sealine30 » 6 years ago

If I was a cleaner, I would be clear with my owners that if they want me to clean, I clean and its £xx amount per clean, and if its particularly gruesome its more. if they want me to check, they need a checker not a cleaner. I understand that all owners want to try and save money where we can but to ask you to risk your reputation as a cleaner is not fair, because as sure as eggs are eggs, if your owner gets a complaint that there were crisps under the bed or somesuch, its your name that will be used as the person who didnt do the job properly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , MrsMop , dingledong , Lorri ,

Return to “Polls & Surveys”