Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

How should Site Fee increases be applied?

This forum is for Polls or Surveys on any subject. If you wish to start a poll please do it here because polls tend to get buried in other forums.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Which method of applying Site Fee increases do YOU think is the fairest?

1. As a fixed AMOUNT that is applied to ALL owners irrespective of the pitch they are on. That means that if an increase of £100 is applied to your park and the Site Fees for pitch A are £4000 the new fees will be £4100 an increase of 2.5% and if the Site Fees on pitch B are £5000 the new fees will be £5100 an increase of 2.0%
50%
2. As a fixed PERCENTAGE amount that is applied to ALL owners irrespective of the pitch they are on. That means that if an increase of 2.5% is applied to your park and the Site Fees for pitch A are £4000 the new fees will be £4100 an increase of £100 and if the Site Fees on pitch B are £5000 the new fees will be £5125 an increase of £125
50%

Total votes: 120

AndrewHarrison
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How should Site Fee increases be applied?

Post by AndrewHarrison » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:
Your latest site fees sound crippling !! And I take your point to a certain extent......But the determining factor regarding site fees has always been location, view, space between vans, decking allowed (or not), etc, And not park facilities.

They've always existed to all owners, and of course, holiday makers. This is also illustrated by how much an average holiday costs......it is determined by the grade of van - the facilities, entrtainment etc., being the same for all.

So why should BL suddeny change their criteria on what constitutes site fee differentials? As another poster has put, they have overcharged this year - and thats what should be under discussion. Not HOW they apply it..... -

Yes your correct the initial grading of fees are determined by what a pitch can offer, however what determines the increase? If its just the pitch I don't see £295 worth of changes since last year.

I have no issue paying the "new redevelopment" site fees as I love having a veranda and more space around the van etc, but its the same as last year so a massive increase is a bit much to ask. The amount of money they make in the arcade alone would probably be enough to cover most park redevelopments.

Andrew.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

stewsoft11
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stewsoft11 » 2 years ago

Hi All,

Yes I agree with Macarw, flat increase across park. However, I'm still more concerned that Bourne Leisure seem to be able to state any reason for increases in site fees? Come on Owners, if you believe the rise this year is too excessive on your Park then say so to your Manager and write to HH, please? This is the only way things may change, otherwise what's the point of raising it on the forum?
All the best
Regards

Stew

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member

Post by p sands » 2 years ago

If all pitches where the same I would agree but my pitch is in the lower bracket on the park so I disagree ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 2 years ago

My feeling on this is that you cannot possibly get an unbiased opinion on the question asked, because of the disparity in site fees according to pitch.
Because I have now sold my caravan, I am looking at this objectively as no outcome will now affect me.
These are my thoughts:

Mr A has a van with a sea view, and pays 6K in fees.
Mr B has a van in a closed in area, and pays 3K fees.
If Haven apply a fixed sum rise in fees every year, say £200.00 per pitch, Mr A will always pay 3K p/a more than Mr B, for the privilege of his prime pitch.
If Haven apply a 5% rise, Mr A now pays £6,300.00 and Mr B pays £3,150.00. Straight away, the divide between A and B is evident, yet they all have access to the same facilities. Also, with a % rise, you are now basing next year on 5% of £6,300 instead of £6000 for Mr A so you end up paying a percentage on a percentage! Much fairer I think to keep the divide equal between Mr A and Mr B, by applying a fixed sum, so he always pays £3K more. After all, this is for his pitch, not for what he has access to on the park.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Brian Scotney

Post by Brian Scotney » 2 years ago

The point is that a flat fee increase every year will gradually erode the difference between a prime pitch and a cheaper one.
In that £3000 now is not the same as in say 5 years time due to inflation. So in real terms the prime pitch becomes cheaper every year.
The only fair way is a % rise in the the fees, but also a % discount applied for buying from BL.
This comes from someone who's pitch fee were £6140 - discount this year, but fair is fair right?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

This is too confusing now - its about maintaining differentials on the one hand, but everyone paying the same for improved facilities on the other? My argument would be that if the soggy, poorly drained ground in one area was improved it would be worth it either way. But if it means new facilities for holiaymakers - thats a different matter completely.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TforTerry
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TforTerry » 2 years ago

Surely, if the annual increase is used, partly towards upgrading/improving the site, as owners we should be told the plans before increases are paid. Or at very least have some input. Yes they will always say they listen to owners requests but overall this is never the case. They always say things aren't decided till near end of year, but some of the major changes are not decided over night, they take months, if not years, in the planning.

I wouldn't pay a builder to renovate my house, just to be told a few weeks before what I'm paying for. But that is what we are expected to do!!!!!

I know it would never happen, but, it would be nice to think one year all owners held back on paying and see what would happen. The press would have a field day. But it may make the Directors sit up and LISTEN.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bonjgb » 2 years ago

Hi all.

Even though I have now departed I have just recieved my new site fees for CF in 2016. Its gone up about 5%. In the context of this stream and the Discount one the one disparity that annoys alot of owners is the Discount figure.

My site fees at CF for would have been about £5300 with a Haven discount of £235 and yet there are some sites where the comparable site fees are a lot less and the Haven discount considerable more. Some win some lose.

My view on the site fees had I stayed would have been a % rise.

However I also accept that owners pick their sites, pick their vans and pick their and are aware of the sites fees and discount figures before they buy.

I also think that Haven should be more open about how sites fees are arrived at and where the extra money is planned to be spent.

Owners cant act alone. This Forum can send questions to HH and the Site Owners Associations can petition the Site Managers but only if the level of owners in each of them is of significant numbers. HH and site wont take any notice if they know they are talking to a minority.

John B

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bradford Lad

Post by Bradford Lad » 2 years ago

I would like site fees to be increased in line with inflation and also as a fixed amount. We all have the same access to the park fascilities.
It would also be nice of BL to inform us of the increases and what improvement are to be made on the park instead of it all been hear say and rumours :evil3: :argue:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Yes - communication is like a 'need to know' basis at times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Moderator-Test , Celtygirl , User-Test , landy man , pauline , Paul , bradders , Timb , winderdriver54 , Steve Morgan , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , heyles , Macarw , beachfan17 , colin8016 , ste , red devil , westlawn , Wozza , crusaderpete , pamjay , Traceymac , woolley , Steve&Liz , JulieR , johnv1941 , rosiefcb , Lisa S , bobbyh101 , rids , cliff , dennie50 , Etena , coziluvu , janh , johnturley , Loubyloux , johnlynne , benshollow , Bradford Lad , Darshy , capprii , Brian77 , springhay , captainbiggles51 , murdock , spikematthews , ~Jo~ , leanora , Unsy , lintel , torchy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , lillibet14 , Bing [Bot] , clare , ant1973 , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , steve n elaine , AndrewHarrison , Duke , andy1ok , marang , stewsoft11 , BillMac , djpaulbritton , sovereign , maggie and rob , anthuk , DaisyMay , Darren & Julie , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mevennais , ladyjanetut , syko , p sands , Fastbaz , saltyvinegar , simmons1312 , lhiggonyoung , mike&marg , MikeKGS , ebenu2 , MikeandJayne , Whitey , dotty , tonyking77 , ROXY , mansel , homersmalibu , MrsMop , mal , bluemoontets , LynneandBarry , TforTerry , Bowman , rigor , jontymo , CrazyRob , martin0177 , Victoria197400 , holiday , louiseandgraham , redrabbit , Koala Services , Tj123 , dennyboy , jdee , mrsnowman , saycraig , PMC , ianmccabe3 , borolad , Garthbr1 , Janet58 , Home From Home , Locko44 , Runci , billywhizz1964 , janesone , Christine16 , Lorna1372 , sarahward , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , HappyValley , bonjgb , Josie50 , Tez & Shaz , Static , PauldN , Clapham1972 , smarson73 , bottoc , Holden , applehaven16 , woodyh24a , Silver Surfer , Sarah76 , PK Thor , 8berther , REDROOFS01 , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , furypol , ChrisB , Jsims , caisterbeach172 , dingledong , Chrisxx , Jabulani , grievemark1350 , Moorefun , jamiesinclair , terrymw , mackiemcewan , Mike241246 , Maxandmillie63 , Lancecarr , Brian Scotney , Renate Baker , Archie , jabba_wokko , Nataliedavies33 , oldnine , amogan , Sanj62 , shandy , Gadget 1 , allan1943 , paulandgill , Taylor2013 , Brodster1 , Geraldine , joolsbenson , Newowner2015 , Elvis4eva , Wannabe Owner , bigerik777 , Littlesea9 , BULL49 , Prouty33 , HazelH4723 , Jayco8 , we-three , Bez , Gyps , Nita , Cfhaven , peggy123 ,