Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Keith's Visits to Head Office

This forum is for Polls or Surveys on any subject. If you wish to start a poll please do it here because polls tend to get buried in other forums.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Do you think Keith's Visits to Hemel Hempstead are worthwhile?

Yes, I think it's an ideal opportunity to let BL know how we feel and what we would like.
43%
Yes, I think it is, but I don't think BL take much notice of what is said.
46%
I didn't know Keith did this, but I think it's a great idea.
3%
No, It's a complete waste of Keith's time and effort, they never listen.
6%
I didn't know Keith did this and I don't see the point.
3%

Total votes: 35

fairyqueen
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Keith's Visits to Head Office

Post by fairyqueen » 3 years ago

a group of owners on Thorpe Park also tried the group approach, wanting to arrange a meeting with the GM to air our views and make requests which had been well researched and were popular options, but this was also turned down flat. We were told that we should all make individual appointments to speak to the GM if we had something to say - this is the absolute epitome of "Divide and Conquer" strategy! Why are they so afraid of healthy debate?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

I think the perception (by GM's), is that any group of owners would solely concentrate on moaning and complaining, and that it would become a real hobby horse......not necessarily so. And I suppose the "Air Your Views" is seen an appropriate channel for any grumbles? Fair enough.....but the only problem with that is that so far, Ive had no response whatsoever to anything constructively negative. And Ive always put who I am and from what park.....

The 'You asked we listened' always makes me smile though. Usually the smallest of things...street lighting.....like its a bonus that its been improved???

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

We also at one point wanted an owners committee but were told it would not be recognised and any meetings would have to beheld off park.
The only park I know that has such a committee is Craig Tara and there was posts a while back about that.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

We also at one point wanted an owners committee but were told it would not be recognised and any meetings would have to be held off park.
The only park I know that has such a committee is Craig Tara and there were posts a while back about that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fairyqueen
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by fairyqueen » 3 years ago

It's a real shame that they would construe an owners' meeting as a complaints session, I'm sure everyone would have something constructive to suggest for improvements large and small to the park and we might come up with something that would cost them little and improve owners' feelings of being a valued customer. I for one don't ask for much from Thorpe Park, I just want a quiet life with lovely long dog walks and evening activities for my girls. If they could be a bit more flexible on the smaller stuff (like letting me have a Sky dish!!) I'd be very happy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

Hi re Craig Tara they have one because they had it previous to BL taking over.We were on holidays a few years ago and i was saying to some owners what a fab view they had.They said they had terms and agreements that nothing could be developed in the area and told me about their committee which seems to work well for them.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

fairyqueen wrote:It's a real shame that they would construe an owners' meeting as a complaints session, I'm sure everyone would have something constructive to suggest for improvements large and small to the park and we might come up with something that would cost them little and improve owners' feelings of being a valued customer. I for one don't ask for much from Thorpe Park, I just want a quiet life with lovely long dog walks and evening activities for my girls. If they could be a bit more flexible on the smaller stuff (like letting me have a Sky dish!!) I'd be very happy.
Hi who said you can't have a sky dish? i am sure you can and there is a guy who advertises on ebay and he fits them on site.There is only a rule about the positioning of it as it cannot be on the roof as far as i remember.Hope i haven't imagined this!!.I would ring and check but i think the office is closed.I have seen the van on park which fits them.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Church Farm have an owners association and works well jointly. They organise events and help raise money for charity. All supported by the GM

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

I HAVE been out of the house -- honestly. But theres always something to add I find! This is exactly what happens at BD not a million miles away from PV. Yet ours is a complete no, no, or anything other than park organised activities......

I know for instance, that a new owners get together, even a mums and toddlers (of whom there are many) have been suggested. All fell on deaf ears....as we keep saying, each GM acts individually and its their way or nothing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

I must say that on Blue Dolphin Our GM Neil is more than happy for us to arrange some events of our own to run alongside parks activities or to take place when there's nothing on.
The majority of our owners are happy to take part in these and raise money to provide items that benefit us all & pulls owners closer together and gives them a sense of community which is surely beneficial to everyone
Having said that we do not have any kind of committee!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , Darshy , springhay , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , sovereign , chrisandwendy , p sands , mummybear , dotty , TforTerry , holiday , Tj123 , Home From Home , allyt25 , HappyValley , bonjgb , Static , jon1983 , net , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , dingledong , Jabulani , terrymw , Jennieccles ,

Return to “Polls & Surveys”