Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

The Farce that is Privilege Pass Administration

All posts on this forum should be specific to REIGHTON SANDS. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum. This forum is moderated by members who are owners on Reighton Sands.

Moderator: Celtygirl

Topic author
btb
Posts in topic: 4

The Farce that is Privilege Pass Administration

Post by btb » 2 years ago

Anybody else find it hard to believe that BL can't afford a decent PC/Cam/Software in order to deal with administration of the passes at Reighton.

We visited reception on 6 different occasions over 5 weeks and every time, either the PC or Photo Cam or whole system were broken.

Currently you cant add money to the card or use it to make payment anywhere (even if you have money on it).

This has been ongoing now for nearly 2 months and to be honest I think BL should be embarrassed - really poor business :angryfire:

I suppose one saving grace is that they hardly ever check cards when going in the venues, so it saves them getting an earful about not being able to get the cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Farce that is Privilege Pass Administration

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

As I'm an owner at Primrose Valley, you raise a couple of good points to note.

At Primrose Valley, they check everyone. This could be arguable by a few, but I'm now in my forth season and I've had to show my card EVERYTIME I've frequented the main complex.

I'm unsure how your friends and family guest temp cards are now dealt with, but ours are now issues on a daily basis, are wrist bands, not cards, and are operated by the security staff on the door step of the main complex. Turning Security staff into administration staff.

I've not heard of any real issues with the machines producing the actual cards, or of any problems loading money onto them. I'm just always grateful they offer owners these perks, even though the perks are getting less and less every year (we think Thornwick Bay has inherited our decent latte/cappuccino machine from our owners lounge and have left us with the cheapest coffee granules and hot water to make it ourselves with.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
btb

We visited Primrose Valley a couple of weeks ago and although the site is not for us personally - we were impressed with the level of security. Card checked at the entrance and again when entering the complex.

This knocks spots off Reighton, were there is just a derelict security cabin at the entrance and as mentioned previously, cards are rarely checked on site (but I do think this is primarily because people cant get them and to save any embarrassing vocal feedback).

A customer at the bar in the Hawkwood had loaded his card previously with cash (on one of the rare PC uptime events) and couldn't pay for his drinks with it or get his cash back.

The staff are great - it's just the business itself which is a shambles :sad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
btb

Just to keep this updated.....

Still no Privilege Pass payments accepted or top ups possible and we are now over 2 months into the season :rolleyes:

Must be very complicated the system at Reighton, because every other site seems to be managing it.

Real pity that someone can't respond to this officially, because we all know full well that they have seen this and know about the problem.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DaisyMay
5* Member
5* Member

Post by DaisyMay » 2 years ago

This is getting ridiculous now, how long does it take to get this sorted?

Dx

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
btb

The word is that the Lazy River may even open before they sort the Privilege Pass farce out.

That would be the lazy river that is part of the facilities that owners pay for from 1st March each year and which is opening at the end of May.

I've spoken to quite a few owners recently who have been eyeing up other sites for a move.

Reighton is a nice site with great staff, but unfortunately they don't have the backup from the employers and us owners are just paying over the odds for facilities that aren't open on time and systems that are beyond BL's capabilities.

Yearly fees should be discounted at the end of each year based on the facilities that have/have not been open from the 1st March.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Celtygirl » 2 years ago

They've opened it before the end of May other years. I think they are just cost cutting :angryfire:
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , johnturley , Darshy , Bing [Bot] , Cliff_Top , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , maggie and rob , DaisyMay , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , Fastbaz , lhiggonyoung , mummybear , Whitey , thewarboys , RonaldSpalding , TforTerry , Koala Services , saycraig , HappyValley , kemlo , morris-family , DJ59 , Peter_F , Jabulani , jabba_wokko , Jayco8 , btb , Lindsey , we-three , Mr D George69 , Sweetsballoons , Bob41 , Cash58 , The Red Duke , anthony , DGM11 , SheilaK , K nicholls , jacosia65 ,