Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Decking

All posts on this forum should be specific to PRIMROSE VALLEY. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum. This forum is moderated by members who are owners on Primrose Valley.

Moderators: Andy, springhay

Topic author
Maxandmillie63
Posts in topic: 1

Decking

Post by Maxandmillie63 » 1 year ago

Hi I'm new to this, so could anyone tell me their views on installing decking please?
I would like to install but not sure where to start. Our van is on primrose
Thankyou :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeKGS
Super** Member
Super** Member

Re: Decking

Post by MikeKGS » 1 year ago

I'd speak to a sales guy at the park, as we got our decking when we upgraded our van, and I believe they do keep decking from when people give back their vans etc if your happy with second hand decking. Ours was fine but needed cleaning.

There are quite a few companies that will offer you new decking, I can't remember if Haven charge you for the privilege of having it installed by an external company, again its probably worth a quick chat with one of the sales guys. (Whatever though I'd get an external quote as well).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 1 year ago

Hello!

Ok, let's start at the beginning.

You have to run EVERYTHING..... with exception of what colour underpants you wear, through Haven before you do it. (Though the underpants thing could change next year..... :redface: )

You can not do it yourself and you can not get Bob the Builder from Filey to do it, unless Bob just happens to be one of Haven's approved contractors.

You can use one of Haven's approved contractors without directly going though Haven, but they will still in turn run it though Haven as they have to hand plans in for approval and the cost of your decking will incur an unknown to the plebs percentage commission charge.

Ask Haven for a list of their approved contractors, you can still save a small fortune by going direct, depending on what the contractor wants from the sale, but in most cases you will still need to wait for a rainbow and grab the pot of gold from the end of it to pay for your new decking.

Money can be further saved by asking them if they have any second hand decking. I saved around £2,300 buying second hand, it was only about 6 months old and really was like new when I got it. I do hear of people getting some belting deals, far better than I got, but unsure if they're dealt with the deals when upgrading.

Either way, Haven will gain some money for literally nothing except signing off the panning consent and being the middle man (or woman) for taking payment, taking their cut, and passing the rest on to the contractor.

Finally, you'll need to be ready to pay half upfront before it's built, then the other half when you are satisfied with the job.

Hope the above helps!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Julies
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Julies » 1 year ago

:big_grin: Sorry can't help with the decking situation but the *underpants* description almost had me spitting my tea all over the laptop. I have visions of my other half in his Calvin Classics, can't afford Calvin Klein's due to hike in site fees and if they go up by that much again this year he'll be in the ones from poundland. You know the ones I mean, where 50p's worth sticks up your bum :dance: Thanks Whitey for making me laugh :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mevennais » 1 year ago

Agree with Whitey on the Haven grab. My neighbour on PV bought a second hand deck from a departing owner on site. She paid £250 for the decking and was charged £1350 to have it dismantled, moved about half a mile and fitted to her van. :angryfire:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 1 year ago

Julies wrote::big_grin: Sorry can't help with the decking situation but the *underpants* description almost had me spitting my tea all over the laptop. I have visions of my other half in his Calvin Classics, can't afford Calvin Klein's due to hike in site fees and if they go up by that much again this year he'll be in the ones from poundland. You know the ones I mean, where 50p's worth sticks up your bum :dance: Thanks Whitey for making me laugh :occasion14:
Don't panic, I'm also in the Calvin Classics club.

If site fee's go up like last year, I'll be looking towards Kevin's Classic Undercrackers than Calvin's.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , Darshy , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , DaisyMay , mevennais , MikeKGS , Whitey , bandb666 , pcorbridge , Koala Services , HappyValley , Davidd , terrymw , Maxandmillie63 , The Red Duke , DGM11 , K nicholls , Son , tommy1656 , cpr0305 , daniellesden , jacosia65 , Steveang1 ,