Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Booking a Caravan not like booking a Bed and Breakfast

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Booking a Caravan not like booking a Bed and Breakfast

Post by johnturley » 5 months ago

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who ring up or text, thinking that booking a caravan is like booking a Bed and Breakfast.

This bank holiday weekend I’ve had three lots of people contact me asking whether my van was available that night, one person in particular ringing as late at 7 p.m. on the Saturday evening, moreover they are often taken aback when I tell them that I cannot take bookings at such short notice.

If you wanted to book a holiday cottage for a week or even just a weekend, I don’t think that many would ring up on the day expecting it to be available that night, but for some reason many expect this to be the case with caravans.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Booking a Caravan not like booking a Bed and Breakfast

Post by Keith » 5 months ago

You are right, on the whole, but there are occasions where a booking is cancelled at the last minute leaving the owner with dates that they can't normally fill at short notice, so that type of enquiry might just work out for both parties.

Last minute bookings do happen.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , johnturley , Unsy , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Christine16 , Briangoldensun , gem2k89 , Lemmy ,