Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Personal Possessions in van

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
The Red Duke
Posts in topic: 2

Personal Possessions in van

Post by The Red Duke » 2 years ago

As a new owner I have decided to let through Haven for the first season and then see how it goes after I have some experience.

Given that Haven don't allow anything outside of the standard inventory to be left in the caravan, i was wondering if anybody leaves a locked box in a storage area containing stuff they don't wish to drag up every time they visit?

If so has this been a success or brought any problems with it?

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeKGS
Super** Member
Super** Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Personal Possessions in van

Post by MikeKGS » 2 years ago

We put a locked box beneath the seat in our old Horizon (we put a lock on the bit of the seat that you'd lift up) and we didn't have any issues. That said I'd recommend not having it in plain sight. Now we're in the St David we lock the stuff underneath the double be in the master bedroom. So far so good on that with, except of course for the bluetooth speaker, but that was part of the inventory and Haven have replaced it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jennieccles
1* Member
1* Member

Post by Jennieccles » 2 years ago

We are in the process of hopefully buying a van.. apparently there's a lot of storage under the bed which the current owners have a padlock on..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Kathmorg

Post by Kathmorg » 2 years ago

Hiya,

We let through Haven and like they say don't leave your possessions in there. It wont be covered if it gets taken.
We have had a storage area put inside our sofas plus a good size Keter storage box for outside the caravan.

Covers what we need.

Enjoy your new holiday home

Kath :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
The Red Duke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Red Duke » 2 years ago

Thank you all for your advice. This forum is a great education for anyone new to ownership.

I think I will look at putting a small locked box under the fixed seating. I don't plan to leave anything valuable, just small things, cafetiere, alarm clock, non-perishables, etc that I don't want to take up every time I visit. Sometimes I would like to travel by motorbike and space is limited.

My van is a new Willerby Salsa Eco and has the Bluetooth speakers built in, so they should be safe!

Thanks again...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Steve&Liz , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , chrisandwendy , mevennais , MikeKGS , mummybear , bandb666 , Koala Services , HappyValley , dingledong , Kathmorg , BirdieGolf , The Red Duke , Jennieccles , Helen , srbagpuss , bobarrow , fizzyfizz ,

Return to “Sub Letting”