Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

HOLIDAY LETTINGS VIA TRIP ADVISOR

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

HOLIDAY LETTINGS VIA TRIP ADVISOR

Post by johnturley » 3 years ago

I was ‘cold called’ last week by a representative from the above company, asking if I was interested in having my caravan listed on their website.

After assuring me that it was free to advertise, I thought that there was no harm in giving it a go, but after filling in my details on their website, I found that saying it was free was in fact very misleading.

Although it is true that you do not do not pay for the benefit of having you van listed, all the bookings and payments are made via them, and they take a percentage commission on every booking. Although on their website it stated that the commission was 3% plus VAT, I had an enquiry for autumn half term week (which I had already booked anyway), and it quoted what the guest would pay and what I would receive, but this appeared to be equivalent to around 10% not 3% commission. It will therefore work out a lot more expensive than the traditional caravan websites where you just pay an annual fee and 0% commission.

It also stated under their Terms and Conditions that payment was sent to the caravan owner 24 hours after ‘check in’, indicating that their website was more suited to Guest Houses and Bed and Breakfast establishments, not Private Caravan lets where we usually require full payment 6-8 weeks before the date of the holiday.

In addition in order to respond to any enquiry, you have to log onto their website with your user name and password, which I found inconvenient, and you do not communicate with the guests directly, so you can’t attach details like your own Booking Form and Terms and Conditions, or be able to vet who is renting your van.

After 3 days I have therefore decided to ask them to remove my van from their listings.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , westlawn , johnturley , benshollow , Rach&Phil , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , MikeandJayne , mummybear , ROXY , TforTerry , lizzy2002 , Koala Services , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , bonjgb , PauldN , Frankieboy , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , dingledong , Chrisxx , Jabulani , Maxandmillie63 , Julesatkilnpark , Jennieccles ,

Return to “Sub Letting”