Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Fri to Fri or Sat to Sat bookings?

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Fri to Fri or Sat to Sat bookings?

Post by Macarw » 2 years ago

We have always let our van from Sat to Sat, and most of our weekly bookings have been from Sat to Sat with the exception of a few dates where guests have specifically asked for other start dates.

This season we are considering changing our lets to mostly offer Fri to Fri bookings. Because we now live much nearer to our van it would give us more opportunity to have full weekends at the van rather than just the Saturday night and still be able to offer a Mon-Fri booking the week before/after.

However we don't want to lose bookings, as at the moment we manage to get most of the holiday weeks booked which covers a lot of our costs.

Does anyone have any opinion about whether it is best to stick with Sat-Sat bookings or change to Fri to Fri ?

Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Fri to Fri or Sat to Sat bookings?

Post by mevennais » 2 years ago

We mostly do Fr-Fri which allows for the Fri-Mon, Mon-Fri breaks, however in the summer holidays we only do Sat-Sat.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 2 years ago

Up until now I have mostly stuck with Friday or Monday change over days. This was to fit in with our GLA and the HHLS (Haven subletting).
Our GLA is now finished so we are going to be more flexible this year and also offer Saturday to Saturday weeks. I am going to charge a little extra (like Haven do) because I will lose out on renting out the Friday to Monday that follows on.
There are quite a few owners who only do Saturday-Saturday full weeks and it seems to work well for them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnturley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by johnturley » 2 years ago

I only offer one week Sat to Sat bookings during the summer period, as I find that this is what the majority of guests prefer, although I do get a few that specifically ask for Fri to Fri Bookings, and occasionally for a Mon to Mon booking.

I agree that by doing Fri to Fri bookings does also give you the flexibility to also offer 4 Night Mon to Fri bookings, and 3 night Fri to Mon bookings, but if you do this you will probably end up with some vacant, mainly Fri to Mon slots. Whereas you might be able to book the Mon to Fri slots for around 60% of the full week price, for example £350 when you are asking £600 for the full week (to cover the cost of an extra clean and bed linen change), I think you will find a lot of would be guests are not willing to pay this for the Fri to Mon slots even in the peak season.

I think part of the problem is that the majority of guests wanting weekends just want to stop From Fri teatime to Sun teatime, rather than the Mon morning, but expect only to have to pay around two thirds of the 3 night price.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

If you are able to do the van yourself as I do it makes more sense to do fri-mon Mon-Fri or Fri-Fri not everyone can afford full weeks especially at peak times.
In my case splitting main weeks into 3 or 4 night breaks gives me at least an extra £100 per week :big_grin:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Unsy » 2 years ago

I'm bucking the trend - I switched from Friday to Friday to Saturday to Saturday.
Yes it means I can't offer short breaks.
However we weren't sure what was happening with our cleaner. I work Monday to Friday so switching to Saturday means if there is an issue I can go down myself to sort it and not need to take a day off work.
And I've had the bookings I wanted.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tez & Shaz
5* Member
5* Member

Post by Tez & Shaz » 2 years ago

We have two caravans and we have done Friday to Friday bookings all year except the six weeks holidays where we did Saturday to Saturday but this year i had loads of enquiries about Monday to Friday's in the main holidays so i am doing Friday to Friday and i have already sold most of the main holiday in both caravans, so there is a market out there for Friday to Friday or Monday to Friday and i have kept most of the weekends in our caravan for us.
All the best

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

I only do Sat to Sat in the peak weeks and 7 nights only during those weeks.

Outside of the peaks I advertise Sat-Sat, but make it clear that weekend breaks are available and I tend to do a lot of weekend lets around this time of year and then just advertise the Mon-Sat or Mon-Fri accordingly. It works just fine for me, you'll find what works best for you with a bit of trial and error I'm sure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , johnturley , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , Marc & Helen , mevennais , p sands , mummybear , Whitey , ROXY , TforTerry , HappyValley , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , PK Thor , LisaHemelSupport , Jackie-Jon , dingledong , Joannew187 , sarahwebb , TwinMumRoch , Chrisxx , Jabulani , karen1882 , seabird7 , suzylillie 14 , Brian Scotney , BirdieGolf , SheilaK , Amanda27 ,

Return to “Sub Letting”