Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

New Owner subletting through Haven

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Sarah76
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 13

New Owner subletting through Haven

Post by Sarah76 » 3 years ago

Hi Everyone

We have just bought a caravan on Cala Gran, can't wait till our first weekend up there. In order to cover the costs of the first year, we are going to sublet. I've read quite a bit on here about doing in privately and also started to read Keith's very helpful guide, however for the first year and given we are already a good way through I think this will have to be through Haven.

Could anyone answer a couple of questions for me? Sorry if they are obvious ones, I've got a million and one things going through my head and getting a bit confused with it all! :)

1) When we pick the dates for Haven to let out our van, are those actually guaranteed income dates or does someone actually have to rent it? Is the price in the book guaranteed, I've read some horror stories about the £9.50 holidays!

2) Our Caravan will be a standard van, its our first one to get us on our way. We have a puppy who is really well behaved, but I am a bit reluctant to let other dogs into the van. I can trust ours to some extend and its obviously going to become his territory. Is this something I will get a choice over as I know standard vans usually allow dogs in.

3) I'm not too bothered about the inventory items going missing or mismatching as we haven't purchased those in the first place but has anyone had any issues with for example cigarette burns in the couch, urine on the mattresses, toilet seats breaking etc? Will Haven put it back to its original state or do I get a big bill?

Thanks for firstly reading it, I know I've waffled on a little. Any help would be grateful appreciated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Owner subletting through Haven

Post by mummybear » 3 years ago

Hi Sarah76

I have done a mixture of private and Haven sublets so will try and answer your questions as best I can. Bear in mind that owners will answer your questions based on their own experiences.

1) When you pick your sublet dates they will be guaranteed income provided there is the demand for those dates. If there currently isn't demand you will go on the wait list. If you wish to take any dates back you will need to give the park 2-4 weeks notice depending on whether they are peak or off peak dates.

2) If your van is graded as Standard guests with dogs will be booked into it. I don't know if your park will let you request not to allow dogs.

3) Have you been given the Repair Cover Plan? If so this will cover you for any missing items or damage caused by Haven guests. Haven should return it to it's original state. The Repair Cover Plan is in addition to your Haven/Aviva caravan insurance.

Mandy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Sarah76
3* Member
3* Member

Thanks Mandy,

I will ask the question when we get the keys, that would be a big plus for us if we could specify no dogs. If not its just something we will have to live with I imagine. As far as I am aware the additional insurance wasn't included in the price. I will have a look at the documents again tonight and if not I will have to take it out, I've seen something on it when I was reading through the file. At least then I have some peace of mind that I won't end up with a trashed caravan and a large bill.

I'm a little bit wary about the whole thing, but I think for the first year we will need some of the income to cover the costs of the van. Hopefully next year we will have chance to set up the private lets at the beginning of the year.

Sarah

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Whitey » 3 years ago

Sarah,
You can set up your own private lets in minutes.
I let through Direct Holiday Homes and have found it to be a great little website to rent your caravan out by.
Couple this with eBay (don't let customers buy though eBay, *advise* them to contact you before hitting the Buy It Now and Gumtree, we done very well so far after buying a new van and the hand over being the 1st May. We've sold nearly £2k already and still have 4 peak weeks in the summer school holidays left to sell.
You do have to be careful when comparing what Haven will give you, to what you can get from Private Let's, as you have to factor in cleaning and bedding bills plus a welcome pack if you bother with that kind of thing. It's costs us about £40 to £45 each time we let, so not cheap, but we also have Meet & Greet thrown in for that price which is worth its weight in gold to me. Ilike the idea that someone is seeing them in, but also seeing them out, giving guests the opportunity to give feedback and more importantly explain any breakages which will be spotted straight away so the guests can't just blame a previous guest.
I've watched Haven guests come and go to other caravans. It's very cold, like herding cattle. I guess some like it that way, but I'd rather offer a personal touch and let guests feel there is someone there for them to guide them a little through the booking in and out process.
If it wasn't for the blasted Funworks passes, guests would not have to deal with Haven reception or the queues at all!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Sarah76
3* Member
3* Member

Well we've been up for the weekend and gone through everything and decided to go for it letting privately. We are going to focus on the summer holidays, that way we get more use ourselves. Just going to start on the adverts now, thanks for your tips.

Just need to find a decent cleaner who could also do hand overs now!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member

Post by p sands » 3 years ago

We where up as well I was out walking our dog 3 times a day Have u got a little black puppy ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Sarah76
3* Member
3* Member

I probably saw you then, I've got a cream/red chow puppy! Looks a bit like a teddy bear, he was taking me round the park!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member

What caravan have you bought Bet we have passed each other on our doggy walk ha

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Sarah76
3* Member
3* Member

Haha I bet we did, Teddy was introducing himself to everyone we passed. What dog have you got? We've got a Willerby Summer its Wyre Court 20, completely got the wrong road last time I told you! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

p sands
Super* Member
Super* Member

Yorkshire terrier hes 11 We got a Willeby sasla on the boundary road Wyre Court

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , j232 , bradders , Steve Morgan , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , westlawn , Steve&Liz , coon , johnturley , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , Mark10 , sovereign , maggie and rob , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mayday , mevennais , dazzabuk , p sands , lhiggonyoung , ebenu2 , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , tonyking77 , ROXY , mansel , MadiHemelSupport , thewarboys , TforTerry , bandb666 , holiday , louiseandgraham , Koala Services , Tj123 , 1DG , PMC , allyt25 , janesone , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , fabiasimon , HappyValley , bonjgb , PauldN , Commander007 , benjibobs , Fluffyfudge , Silver Surfer , Sarah76 , Porkpie , mrcup33 , m.j.bennett1 , AnthF , gurt , morris-family , Marymon , Tissen , Sheshy64 , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , hornet900 , caisterbeach172 , phantom , ade225 , Jackie-Jon , dingledong , Lesley173 , sarahwebb , PurdyPrimose , Jabulani , karen1882 , terrymw , neil2439 , Nataliedavies33 , natalie milner , bwfc , loiner1965 , Kathmorg , Suzyq , Fairylights , sharonperky , cpr0305 , cdanny , Aled42690 , Bahooney , gem2k89 ,