Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Required Bolt-on when buying from Haven

All posts on this forum should be specific to THORNWICK Bay. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
keane54
Posts in topic: 3

Required Bolt-on when buying from Haven

Post by keane54 » 2 years ago

Hi All

I've just put my deposit down for a 2011 ABI caravan and I've been told by the sales team at Thornwick bay I have to buy their starter kit and container box for the deal to go ahead?

Is this the case on all sites?

I don't want to just take their word for it due to the large sums of cash involved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Required Bolt-on when buying from Haven

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Because Thornwick is a new addition to the Haven family of parks, things are slightly different on there compared to other parks, but I have no idea what is meant by a starter kit or container.

Can you give any more details about these?
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
keane54

Hi,

The started kit has the fridge, microwave and alarm ect

the container is a steel storage box that sits at the back of the static (I don't even need one)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Unsy » 2 years ago

I believe the starter kit is the crockery, cutlery, pans, duvets, microwave, etc.

Are you letting your van through Haven? If so I can see why this should be a condition of the sale - to ensure everything is present for their rentals.

I've no idea why they would insist on a storage box though, I would have thought that was an optional extra :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Unsy wrote:I believe the starter kit is the crockery, cutlery, pans, duvets, microwave, etc.

Are you letting your van through Haven? If so I can see why this should be a condition of the sale - to ensure everything is present for their rentals.

I've no idea why they would insist on a storage box though, I would have thought that was an optional extra :(
You beat me to it :big_grin:

My thoughts as well.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
keane54

Yeah, that's the starter kit they said I have to take out.

I have no plans to rent out the caravan and I made the sales team aware of this.

As for the box it's down as £500 on the invoice, Who could I take this up with as the sales team there seem to make it up as they go along?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Unsy » 2 years ago

to be honest I'm not sure. I'd probably speak to the sales manager and ask if both are really necessary, especially the storage box.
If they insisted yes then I'd try to get the general manager's email address, and email the sales manager and the gm stating that reluctantly you'd decided not to proceed due to these unforeseen and not required extras, particularly if you were not made aware of them when you paid the deposit.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mevennais » 2 years ago

Unsy wrote:to be honest I'm not sure. I'd probably speak to the sales manager and ask if both are really necessary, especially the storage box.
If they insisted yes then I'd try to get the general manager's email address, and email the sales manager and the gm stating that reluctantly you'd decided not to proceed due to these unforeseen and not required extras, particularly if you were not made aware of them when you paid the deposit.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.
General manager is david.eccles@bourne-leisure.co.uk. He tends to be quite reasonable when presented with facts.
Good luck

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , johnturley , Darshy , Unsy , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , mummybear , TforTerry , bandb666 , Koala Services , Tj123 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , kemlo , Peter_F , terrymw , diz123 , MKE , The Red Duke , DGM11 , sharonperky , keane54 , Amanda27 , Clintoncat , Jaine hanratty ,