Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Thirlbs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Thirlbs » 2 years ago

Hi everyone!
My wife and I are seriously considering making the jump from a tourer to a static.
I've got loads of info from this forum which is great but still have one burning question:
Can we make enough letting the caravan to cover the site fees? Not interested in making a profit just want to enjoy it and cover the site fees!
Thanks
Lee

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Newbie

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Yes, you can cover your costs. You will get a better return if you can do the sub-letting yourself.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Thirlbs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Thirlbs » 2 years ago

Thanks, like I said we don't want to make money just enjoy it where we can and then rent to family and friends to cover costs.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

We make enough to break even most years, or a small profit which goes back into replacing things in the caravan.

Renting to family and friends - they'll probably expect to pay below the going rate, so don't let it go too cheap :-)

On top of the ground rent remember you'll also have rates, water, insurance, electric, gas, winterisation, PAT testing, cleaning and so forth to pay for. All of that can easily add another £1-2,000 on to your bills. Include that in your calculations and you'll be fine!

Good luck :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , Chamonix400 , Fishing Widow , Whitey , Julie2662 , Peter_F , Neilly75 , Prouty33 , Bigoldman , Newby , Thirlbs , boyo , Tkm100 , Kelsie , CF Dave , TonyGamble , DGM11 , Stefanfoley , Erin-RF1989 , fizzyfizz ,