Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

The HOF Guide to Buying and Owning a Static Caravan

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

The HOF Guide to Buying and Owning a Static Caravan

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

This Guide is not yet complete.
Due to the types of questions currently being asked on the forum I have decided to release this guide in its unfinished stage because there is some content that members may find useful and even the 'empty sections' may have some use in guiding people to ask the right questions before the information can be included in the guide.

If you have any information you would like to share and have included in the guide please let me know and I'll add it as soon as I can.
This guide is a 'living' document and is constantly being edited and updated, as such it will probably never be completed. With this in mind it is recommended that, if you find it useful, you come back regularly and check for updates and additions.

The HOF Guide is designed to help prospective owners make the right decisions and ask the right questions when researching the Pros and Cons of Caravan Ownership.

When they have made the decision and taken the plunge into ownership the guide is designed to help with all aspects of ownership by providing answers to common questions and advice on common problems/situations.

This guide has been complied by Keith from his knowledge and experience based on over 20 years of ownership. It also contains information based on the knowledge and experiences of our forum members as well as copies of, or links to, documents used by our members.

The greatest of care has been taken to ensure that the information in this guide is as accurate as possible, but Keith as well as other forum Admin, Moderators and contributors to the guide cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, however caused, due to the use of information contained within the guide.

If you find any errors or omissions in the guide or if you have information you would like to add to the guide please contact Keith using this link - Keith@havenownersforum.co.uk

The guide is provided in three formats - Word 2016, Word 93-97 and PDF - they are provided as links to the documents to allow quick and easy updating. Selecting the link to your preferred format will allow the guide to be opened on your computer where you can read, save or print all or part of the guide, but remember that the guide will be updated frequently and any content saved or printed may become outdated.

Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The HOF Guide to Buying and Owning a Static Caravan

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

I am adding/updating this guide as often as I can, however there are some areas where I have limited personal knowledge and I would appreciate contributions from those of you who have this knowledge.

I can, of course, use the information supplied by the Park Owners e.g. Haven etc. but as we all know this is not usually the way things work in reality.

The following are areas where I would really appreciate your input:

9 Sub Letting (in particular the way schemes such as GLA actually work)
10 Upgrading Your Caravan
10.1 Trading Your Caravan for another Model
12.1 Moving Within the Same Company
12.2 Moving To a Park in another Company
13.2 Selling To The Park

Any additional information, corrections, updates, etc. will be appreciated in all other sections as well.

If you would like to contribute please email your text to me - keith@havenownersforum.co.uk - I will format the information to fit in the guide and, of course, I will acknowledge your contribution (please let me know how you want to be credited e.g. by name, your forum user name or in any other way).
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , jewstamp , Celtygirl , Steve Morgan , Lesley & Alan , Alexa [Bot] , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , pamjay , GL11 , dennie50 , springhay , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , clare , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , Mark10 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , DaisyMay , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mayday , mevennais , p sands , Fastbaz , mike&marg , islandtwo , ebenu2 , moorey , ROXY , scorpiolady , philnem , TforTerry , Sunnyview50 , scottzoo , Koala Services , mrsnowman , saycraig , dave&mandi , borolad , Poodledoodledandy , sarahward , CoffeeAndBaileys , bluejeans98 , HappyValley , bonjgb , Josie50 , sheila welton , PauldN , pidge22 , Natste73 , georgoie , siy1083 , christinaPRESTHAVEN , applehaven16 , woodyh24a , Mimi118118 , 2911matt , Fluffyfudge , Sarah76 , kaydee1305 , Chelsie02 , supersel , Shavene , Trenton1984 , Marie1989 , ruthtwin83 , wesleyaldred , Stephb0113 , AnthF , leenay , gurt , morris-family , mcmurf , PK Thor , Shaun233 , Claire & Jono , CoryGoldenSandsOwner , Marymon , Bugs , hargrem85 , Tissen , arsenalarewe1971 , Lovetoholiday , Sheshy64 , modernartist , DJ59 , sco_ttie2002 , LisaHemelSupport , bod66 , Jon Barnes , hornet900 , furypol , sidingles , ChrisB , Michellecraggs , Jsims , Loulouh1973 , caisterbeach172 , Hughmuir2 , ade225 , dingledong , mook99pink , Adeandebs , TwinMumRoch , Chrisxx , Jabulani , grievemark1350 , IanC , terrymw , Abcd1234 , alisonasb , melody11 , agent64iam , jeamill1958 , Maxandmillie63 , Briangoldensun , carly , darsave , deano99 , nikipowell , Jason T , Archie , redkeech , Nataliedavies33 , Tony081161 , amogan , Taylor2013 , woodypole , Shanimills , sprouty , chanz4 , Wannabe Owner , bigerik777 , Julesatkilnpark , Parrydise , MikeB , Bigoldman , Easty49 , palmeam , Gillian194456 , Mazza63 , apples24 , Will , jillyb , gemmigirl , Denise123 , Newby , steven_old_english , mumthetaxi , jgobass , allsopj52 , pr66 , Kathmorg , Suzyq , Donnalou80 , BirdieGolf , iedward3 , Ianthirlwell , Gavin2016 , jaf , CIDU , CF steve , Premwin , Barry , The Red Duke , TonyGamble , Sabell , DGM11 , Hariba1 , Stefanfoley , Jennieccles , fredb46 , srbagpuss , robert-l , Lezray , stewie3004 , Krngrnwd , Amanda27 , Son , KateB , Karl , cpr0305 , Gungadin1326 , fizzyfizz , MandyR ,