Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

The roads on park are PUBLIC ROADS

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Lloydies
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The roads on park are PUBLIC ROADS

Post by Lloydies » 6 years ago

They are private areas that allow public to use hence road rules apply.
Anytime you see anything to worry about call site security or the police.
Dave & Chris

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

A10Rosebank
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A10Rosebank » 6 years ago

A public road is a road to which members of the public have access.

So, your local Asda car park for example... When the store is open, the car park is a public road... But if it shuts at night and all exits are locked up to the general public, the road is no longer a road to which he general public have access...

Does that make sense?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tonygardner
Power Member
Power Member

Post by tonygardner » 6 years ago

what about the sales golf buggys , untaxed bald tyres no seat belts :scratch:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lupin15
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lupin15 » 6 years ago

tonygardner wrote:what about the sales golf buggys , untaxed bald tyres no seat belts :scratch:
Ahhh do your public duty and report this to the police ......lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VanCleaner
1* Member
1* Member

Post by VanCleaner » 6 years ago

Interesting thread - I was always aware the roads on park where classed as public roads as the public can drive onto the land.
I had a discussion with a police officer about this a few years ago when i was making enquiries about another piece of privcate land (not haven)

I have seen some crazy things around park and i would never drive around with my child on my lap or anything else so crazy - But i do drive around park all day without a seatbelt on when im moving between vans and i would never drive on the normal roads without wearing it no matter how short a journey it was.

When i first saw this thread i thought i didnt treat the roads on park any different to the normal roads - but i obviously do as i dont wear my seatbelt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

djpaulbritton
5* Member
5* Member

Post by djpaulbritton » 6 years ago

:frown:
VanCleaner wrote:Interesting thread - I was always aware the roads on park where classed as public roads as the public can drive onto the land.
I had a discussion with a police officer about this a few years ago when i was making enquiries about another piece of privcate land (not haven)

I have seen some crazy things around park and i would never drive around with my child on my lap or anything else so crazy - But i do drive around park all day without a seatbelt on when im moving between vans and i would never drive on the normal roads without wearing it no matter how short a journey it was.

When i first saw this thread i thought i didnt treat the roads on park any different to the normal roads - but i obviously do as i dont wear my seatbelt
I wonder how many of us are guilty of not wearing a seatbelt when just driving on site, i know i am, but if going off site it goes on straight away...strange how i feel safer on park.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

A10Rosebank
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A10Rosebank » 6 years ago

Having seen the results of not wearing seat belts at RTCs, I ALWAYS wear mine and I am obsessive about strapping the kids in properly.

Unfortunately, it's not just the general public who don't always wear seatbelts, some Police Officers don't bother either - which I find really odd, considering what I said above!!

Certain drivers are exempt, for example in certain situations Police Officers don't have to wear them or a taxi driver when they have a fare on board... in the main, most people should be wearing them and you could get a ticket on park, the same as on a road off park.

With regards to golf buggys, I don't think they are vehicles registered with the DVLA, nor do they require tax or an MOT - so it would not be the Police enforcing the law there. If there was an accident it would be the Health & Safety Exec who would sort that out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 6 years ago

I always wear my seatbelt when driving on park. Surely its something you do automatically???
Maybe you need them more on site what with all the holiday makers wandering willy nilly along roads or as you say allowing children to sit on their knees steering.
As for the BIKES I won't even start on that subject :rant:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mummybear » 6 years ago

tonygardner wrote:what about the sales golf buggys , untaxed bald tyres no seat belts :scratch:
I was a bit uneasy when were driven around in one of these by the salesman. My 7 year old son could have easily fallen out. I'm so used to kids being strapped in to vehicles I guess. When I was a kid we used to lay along the back seat sleeping and my Mum used to put babies in a carry cot just sitting on the back seat. I don't think our cars even had seatbelts in the back. I'm only just started here and I'm going :offtopic: :newhere:

Mandy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

marguerite
Power Member
Power Member

Post by marguerite » 6 years ago

I wear my seatbelt on park as the "beep, beep" noise I get is annoying if its not on. lol !!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Brian77 , Bing [Bot] , jim , MikeKGS , thebix , saycraig , dilys , gurt , LisaHemelSupport , dingledong , Briangoldensun , bigerik777 , Bigoldman , MKE , BirdieGolf ,