Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

The roads on park are PUBLIC ROADS

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

The roads on park are PUBLIC ROADS

Post by Keith » 5 years ago

I thought I'd better post this to clarify the situation.

The roads on holiday parks are public roads (because the public has access) and are subject to the same rules and regulations as any other public road.

I often see children sitting on Mum/Dad's knee 'driving the car' and many other 'silly' acts. The DRINK DRIVING rules also apply. I mention this because a member of staff at Presthaven (I'm not going to name them) was stopped whilst driving on park and has been prosecuted for drink driving.

Just remember this if you drive to the complex with the intention of 'having a few drinks'
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Re: The roads on park are PUBLIC ROADS

Post by rosiefcb » 5 years ago

I wonder if there ought to be some sort of a sign mentioning this as i know what you mean about the strange driving some people do.I think many people will think it is not a public highway.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

A10Rosebank
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A10Rosebank » 5 years ago

It makes my blood boil seeing parents with children sat on their knees driving through the park... I just can't believe ANYONE would think that is ok - is is NEVER ok in my opinion!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire:

I also thought it unbelievable that a member of the OE team was swerving through the park in the OE vehicle chatting on his phone - should've reported him really!!!

I think the general public would be shocked to find out what is an isn't classed as public highway - there is hardly anything that isn't!!!!!

Amie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fizzygirl
8* Member
8* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fizzygirl » 5 years ago

Does this also apply to adults riding around in those cart things while they swig lager from cans? Just a thought.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

A10Rosebank
Power Member
Power Member

There is an offence for being drunk in charge of a pedal cycle, but I'm thinking it's very rarely prosecuted - maybe if someone on a bike caused an accident and were drunk?!

The thing with those pedal carts is I wonder how you would go about claiming off someone who crashed into your car or van - I'm guessing you'd have to take them to court!!!

I'm amazed there aren't more crashes on site with all the idiots drink driving and flying about in carts!!!!

:censored:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve&Liz » 5 years ago

Almost all the Presthaven staff drive well over the speed limit on our end of the park where the speed bumps are minimal and now we find out at least one was over the alcohol limit as well, because of the likelihood of getting caught it would be unlikely this was a one off incident. Given that Haven are always banging on about H&S and the fact that breathalyser kits are now only a couple of pounds perhaps Haven should spot check their staff before someone gets hurt.
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

A10Rosebank
Power Member
Power Member

You can always make an anonomous call to Crime Stoppers.

Potentially, the staff sat swigging in the bar on site are probably driving off site too and the Police will be more than happy to 'nick' them on the way home!!!

:hello1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fizzygirl
8* Member
8* Member

Post by fizzygirl » 5 years ago

Precisely my thoughts A10Rosebank. I nearly got knocked off my feet at the weekend by some kid on one of these things. There doesn't seem to be an age limit as far as I can see. I've noticed some very little children riding around in them. Do you know, I just couldn't think of pedal cart. My excuse is that I've got one eye on the tele as usain Bolt's about to run in the 200m.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lupin15
Power Member
Power Member

Post by lupin15 » 5 years ago

Well a parent was allowing their child who could just see over the steering wheel in a four by four over a grassed area that people with their children walk across...i could hardly believe it. Reported it to the camping site office but have not been around to see what happened about it. security bless them are never around to catch the buggers are they.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Colleen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Colleen » 5 years ago

This may sound a silly question but may I ask, if they are public roads why are haven allowed to padlock gates refusing access?
Colleen

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Brian77 , Bing [Bot] , jim , MikeKGS , thebix , saycraig , dilys , gurt , LisaHemelSupport , dingledong , Briangoldensun , bigerik777 , Bigoldman , MKE , BirdieGolf ,