Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Star acts

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Star acts

Post by rosiefcb » 2 years ago

Hi has anyone heard of any star acts this year? Just thought there might be some X factor or B.G.T. Acts on as usual? Cheers Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Star acts

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

As far as I'm aware, we are NOT getting any this season. The nearest you will get is Shaun the Sheep puppet show and CBeebies Favourite, Tree Fu Tom.

There will, of course, be visiting acts, but no 'Star Acts'
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rosiefcb » 2 years ago

It does seem odd as we usually do but I hadn't heard anything. Saying that I do think some of the more local acts are sometimes better anyway. Thanks Keith .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fishing Widow

Post by Fishing Widow » 2 years ago

Im quite disappointed theres no star acts this season.They have always been really popular. Weve not had a reason to why we're not having any have we?
A non haven independent Park near to where we live have had many star acts on including stars from x factor & the gorgeous Shayne ward :wink: from coronation Street & it is quite a small park. So just makes me wonder why we're not having acts like these :dontknow:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

Two points to note here,

1) Money.

2) If it's anything like our park, they'll be announcing some great news at a point in time when it's far too late for many owners to attend, this is not restricted to "Star" performers.

Example: At the beginning of April, they announced on our park a big bash for owners on the 14th May. All well and good, but my terms, like Haven's, require people who hire to pay their balance in full 8 weeks before arrival date. This was announced only 6 weeks before what is the guests arrival weekend.
I've got two vans on site, I've sold both much to my now annoyance. If they had got their act together (no pun intended), they would have had all these things sorted during closed season and I would have worked around it.

The moral of above? Don't give up on a star act, even upto a couple of weeks, or days prior to their performance date and long after you've sold your time in the caravan to someone else.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Celtygirl » 2 years ago

Absolutely nothing to interest teens, as usual :violent1:
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

Certainly feels like a money saving exercise dressed up as "there's more for the kids now". Which is great for them, but a little more for the rest of the family would be quite nice!

Keep cutting away at the good things and increasing the costs will only lead to further dissatisfaction.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , jim , Fishing Widow , Whitey , TforTerry , bandb666 , Tj123 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , DJ59 , Bigoldman , Bez , sharonperky , tommy1656 ,

Return to “Open Forum”