Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Dying Forum???

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Dying Forum???

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Well, it seems this forum is dying on its feet, and it's why Head Office monitoring has nearly ceased to exist. There is just no reason to log on anymore?

Page after page of new owner welcomes -- and rarely a post?? Is there a problem logging on (I must admit I foudn three drop-down boxes a bit confusing myself)......but surely there is something to chat about?? Questions, queries - anything!?

This used to be the liveliest forum and it's still full of information - or at least acknowledge the Welcome Posts to let others know you really exist?

It's a sad day for Keth, who still puts so much into the forum -- but I can feel the tumbleweeds already....... :angel5: :angel5:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dying Forum???

Post by Steve Morgan » 2 years ago

Sadly, I'd have to agree. Endless new members but no new topics and posts?

As someone who won't use Facebook and has always found this forum a relief from that general paradigm I find its seeming gradual demise quite depressing? :sad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by chrisandwendy » 2 years ago

Hi
Maybe all our members are perfectly happy and have no reason to post :dontknow:
I always welcome new members from golden sands and can't remember the last person to reply it's been that long

I don't do face book the wife does and all it seems to be is people moaning about each other or asking the same questions over and over again.

I only reply to posts if I have something relevant to say or if it's about the park I'm on
But I still log on every day to check the most recent posts which unfortunately are usually new members who don't post a reply.

Chris and Wendy :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

But that implies that the only reason for posting is if it's a problem??

We used to have posts about anything and everything - one query would run to a good ten or so replies....I rememebr "why do they never make space for a kitchen bin" ? :big_grin:

All I'm saying is, it's a shame if the forum slowly grinds to a halt. But at the same time, why do people keep joining?? Or is it like Stepford ???

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 2 years ago

I keep posting about the forum on Facebook as lots of new owners and I tell them so much advice and info on here. There has been a few new ones who have joined from Thorpe Park, but more use Facebook sadly. Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

maggie and rob
5* Member
5* Member

Post by maggie and rob » 2 years ago

I also keen an eye on the forum but don't make many comments. I have also noticed that new members are welcomed but rarely reply which is a shame. We don't seem to be getting a many comments on our Presthaven facebook site either. Not sure why.

However I will try to post more replies in the future. :wave:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Julies
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Julies » 2 years ago

I don't do bookfarce either :lol: Much prefer this forum just don't always have anything to contribute. Such a shame :frown:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

I find this website, although a font of knowledge, technically runs rather slow.

The app, which was designed to be mobile friendly, was anything but. It used to look like a remote style log in of the website. Worse still was my need to resign in every time. I gave up with it in the end.

Facebook is instant! Like it or not, people want 'now'. Although I like that I get email notifications that someone has replied to a topic I've commented on here, you get a neat list of notifications as the happen on Facebook. Everything in one place I suppose.

Down side of Facebook as mentioned above, is the same questions are asked due to everything being on one page with no storage history or sub-directories.

Websites are having a hard time of it these days. People are choosing to use Facebook or follow Twitter with a lot of companies or hobbies because of its simplicity to use and gain information from. Whether it be Radio Stations, football clubs or even Haven itself, Facebook has the ability to push information in front of your face and be able to reply or react to it instantly.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Peter_F
3* Member
3* Member

Post by Peter_F » 2 years ago

As a relatively new owner (August 2015) this forum was my go to place for asking advice and asking questions and I still log in daily. Unfortunately Caister seems to be notable by its absence of owners posting about anything and I've also had no replies to questions. Sadly this thread seems to be the most active at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ABI Horizon 2013. 36 x 12. 3 Bed.
Haven Caister.

Its taken some time to make the leap but now we're there. :hello1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , Sarah , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , tracy568 , amyamy1246 , springhay , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , jim , djpaulbritton , sovereign , maggie and rob , chrisandwendy , mevennais , dazzabuk , lhiggonyoung , mummybear , Whitey , TforTerry , Koala Services , Tj123 , saycraig , HappyValley , DJ59 , Peter_F , dingledong , Jabulani , jabba_wokko , Neilly75 , Parrydise , Bigoldman , catherina , Mr D George69 , Jennieccles , _shel ,