Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Central Heating

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

fairyqueen
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Central Heating

Post by fairyqueen » 3 years ago

Funny, my remark about that never happens at Thorpe Park! I have just been over to check my vans, and the electricity was off in both! So my heating has not been on even frost setting (but it didn't feel too bad in them) and my electric dehumidifiers haven't been working. The maintenance man said the trip switches must have cut it off, so I will go again this weekend and see if it's still going.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

So they both "tripped" without any drain on the supply - Hmmmmm - VERY surprising AND a heck of a coincidence?

I sicerely hope there is not a new BL "policy" we're unaware of?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DaisyMay
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DaisyMay » 3 years ago

It is nothing to do with antifreeze in ch system, the boiler is designed to come on every so often to stop the parts seizing up! I am certain I have read something on these lines in my boiler manual! I would be very annoyed if this has happened on our park causing more expense if boiler is not working.

Dx

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Koala Services
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Koala Services » 3 years ago

DaisyMay wrote:It is nothing to do with antifreeze in ch system, the boiler is designed to come on every so often to stop the parts seizing up! I am certain I have read something on these lines in my boiler manual! I would be very annoyed if this has happened on our park causing more expense if boiler is not working.

Dx
Some boilers go through a pump run cycle to ensure the components are lubricated and don't seize, some don't.
The antifreeze/inhibitor also stops corrosion and lubricates the system.
I've turned my boiler off and left it for the winter, if I didn't it would kick into frost protection mode and keep firing. If I turned the gas off it would lock out and shut down anyhow. If it is left on frost protection it's fine, but you will run up a gas bill over the winter.
If there's sufficient additive in the CH system it won't seize and it won't freeze.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bigoldman
1* Member
1* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bigoldman » 2 years ago

Draindown & reconnection.
We paid our usual £75 fee in November for this service.
We went down to the park for our first weekend and found that our boiler was not working meaning no hot water or central heating. We obviously called for the maintenance staff who called several times but could not resolve the problem till Monday at earliest. So due to frosty weather forecast we had no real option but to return home disappointed.
On looking at my account today (Monday) I see a maintenance callout charge of £10 has been deducted from my credit.
The system was working perfectly in November so surely any further calls should be within the £75 already paid.
Has anyone else had the same experience and if so been charged?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , winderdriver54 , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , crusaderpete , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , DaisyMay , mevennais , TforTerry , Koala Services , Tj123 , CoffeeAndBaileys , DJ59 , Peter_F , dingledong , terrymw , Nataliedavies33 , Brodster1 , Shanimills , Bigoldman , MKE , Happyholidays , Donna_and_Neil , Annie56 ,

Return to “Open Forum”