Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

BOURNE LEISURE - What a bunch to deal with!!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 7

BOURNE LEISURE - What a bunch to deal with!!

Post by lordlucan » 4 years ago

We are in the process of attempting to sell our Lodge at Lydstep Beach. The problems we are having with BL beggars belief. I have never come across such a two-faced dishonest company in my life. They hold all the cards and don't they know it!!! From Head Office, Park Manager and downwards we have had nothing but grief.

Everything has to go through these charlatans. No sale can be made without them getting their sticky little fingers involved. As soon as we send a potential sale for them to VET, they go into overdrive and push their own caravans by telling the buyer they can give them a better deal.

When you buy from BL, it states in the contract that BL will make every effort to HELP THE OWNER TO SELL. What a bloody laugh!!
So far they have sold caravans to THREE people we have HAD to send to them to conclude/proceed with our sale.

I can provide evidence where others have been put off our Lodge ENTIRELY because of their disgusting business practices.

The final straw with me has come this week. We had a 90% certain buyer who we then forwarded to BL. They confounded and made him think he would have to pay 12.5% extra commission and frightened him off with other misleading costs he was likely to incur. They then proceeded to show him 3 of their own stock. Unluckily for them, our ex-potential buyer told us of his experience and has now no intention of getting involved with Lydstep Beach as he didn't like the way they conduct themselves.

No help to us of course, as we still have to deal with this bunch of untrustworthy *******. Seems a long time ago when we were promised the earth when BUYING. I genuinely rue the day I ever got involved with BL. They offer NOTHING to anyone once you've signed the dotted line.

PLEASE, ANYBODY READING THIS AND CONTEMPLATING BUYING FROM BOURNE LEISURE..................................DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by lordlucan on 26 Jan 2014 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seamaster30
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BOURNE LEISURE - What a bunch to deal with!!

Post by seamaster30 » 4 years ago

You are correct they all carry on like this we at PV have had people at our park saying the same thing. The % i'm afraid is standard and its in the terms and conditions if you read all the rules given to you when you buy but they don't bring it to the buyers attention when signing up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member

seamaster30 wrote:You are correct they all carry on like this we at PV have had people at our park saying the same thing. The % i'm afraid is standard and its in the terms and conditions if you read all the rules given to you when you buy but they don't bring it to the buyers attention when signing up.
The commission thing annoys me because BL do NOTHING for their money. However, Lydstep don't have to rub our noses in it any further seamaster! Head Office are a standing joke that seem to think that delegating to useless Area or Park Managers passes as good business practice.

We have involved the Owners Exclusive at Head Office, who then involved the Area Manager (totally useless) who involved the Park Manager (an even bigger waste of time). They are all useless and look after their own interests first. Fair enough if that's their game but they shouldn't pretend otherwise and deserve to be exposed for the disgrace they are. It's bordering on criminal that BL are so arrogant and distant that they cannot deal with what I consider to be incompetent and disingenuous staff.

Believe me seamaster, the barriers these swines have put up beggars belief. We shouldn't have to accept this calculated unhelpfulness. They are very quick and efficient when it comes to billing. The whole experience they are putting us through stinks....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mevennais » 4 years ago

Have you thought of Trading Standards if you have evidence of malpractice?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member

mevennais wrote:Have you thought of Trading Standards if you have evidence of malpractice?
Yes mevennais. Don't want to go into too much detail but we are following advice in this matter. However, the latest debacle has incensed me and I felt I had to air my feelings.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by chrisandwendy » 4 years ago

hi :wave:

why not send a "potential customer" wearing a hidden camera and catch them in the act of "selling your caravan"???

i suspect it would make for very interesting viewing,a mini dv camera can be bought off a well know auction site for around 20 pounds

if a picture can tell a thousand words how about a video!!!!!!

good luck with it

chris and wendy :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PMC
Super**** Member
Super**** Member

Post by PMC » 4 years ago

have you asked for the 1k 'referral' for each one they sold a caravan to

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member

PMC wrote:have you asked for the 1k 'referral' for each one they sold a caravan to
Haha.....what a damned good idea!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seamaster30
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamaster30 » 4 years ago

Good luck Lordlucan , at worst they are dishonest but it's more likely the fact that the sale's people are on a much bigger cut for selling one of there caravans than sorting the sale for your's and don't forget each sales person will be under pressure from there general manager to keep up or improve there figures. I'm not sticking up for them but i am a realist. The whole thing stinks good luck but your situation is not uncommon i have heard of people on our site in the same situation. Maybe a letter to the national press they love an story to get there teeth into.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve&Liz » 4 years ago

seamaster30 wrote:Good luck Lordlucan , at worst they are dishonest but it's more likely the fact that the sale's people are on a much bigger cut for selling one of there caravans than sorting the sale for your's and don't forget each sales person will be under pressure from there general manager to keep up or improve there figures. I'm not sticking up for them but i am a realist. The whole thing stinks good luck but your situation is not uncommon i have heard of people on our site in the same situation. Maybe a letter to the national press they love an story to get there teeth into.
Yes the national press and the TV should be interested they have exposed much smaller stories than this, but wait Haven advertise in the national press and TV so no chance then unless you can get the BBC interested.
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , jim , sovereign , maggie and rob , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mevennais , mummybear , Whitey , mansel , TforTerry , Koala Services , mrsnowman , saycraig , HappyValley , REDROOFS01 , Jsims , dingledong , Parrydise , Jayco8 , scotta69 , Annie56 , CIDU , Bez , sharonperky ,

Return to “Open Forum”