Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Bourne Leisure abuse of selling contract?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

valkeys
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bourne Leisure abuse of selling contract?

Post by valkeys » 5 years ago

When we first bought our van, some friends were selling theirs. We weren't thinking of buying their one, and they were happy with the deal they got from Haven. But then Haven showed us the van. the salesman knew we were friends with the previous owners so would have guessed we might know how much it was sold for, and then seemed surprised we didn't want it at such a higher price. I can't remember the exact figures but from around 13k to 26k, and that didn't include site fees.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bradders » 5 years ago

Those figures seem about right. I can't remember exactly what the figures were. But I bought my first van for around £23,000. Upgraded 7 months later and got £11,000 part-ex on this van, give or take. My old van was on the showground next week for exactly the same as I paid for it. It was there again about 18 months later for exactly the same price. Nice rinse and repeat profit for Bourne on one van!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paulsclews
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Paulsclews » 5 years ago

We had a similar deal paid around 18k for first van upgraded about 8 months later got around 9k pat ex, :angryfire:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Steve&Liz » 5 years ago

Yes new owners quite rightly believe it is like buying a car, they trust the sales people to provide a competitive price and when they trade up or circumstances change and they need to get out they find out the truth in hardest way possible.

The salespeople know this of course but believe the 'caveat emptor' principle applies when you buy a car you know roughly what trade in price will be dealers will often quote it in their HP deals but it is kept a dark secret when caravan buying :angryfire:
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MadiHemelSupport
Power Member
Power Member

Post by MadiHemelSupport » 5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm really sorry to read your comments. We do try our best to help here at Hemel - we are a support centre for our park teams which is why in some cases we may need to refer back to your General Manager.

Thank you all for your feedback, I have passed on all of your comments.

lordlucan - I believe you are in talks with one of our operation directors and I really hope you find a buyer for your lodge soon. I hope the private sale event happening at Lydstep will be useful for you and help generate more interest in your lodge. If there's anything I can do to help please do let me know.

Madi
Madi from Hemel Support
http://www.owner-services.co.uk
http://blog.haven.com/

I work at Hemel Support on all things social media. I keep an eye on the forum everyday Monday - Friday but if I do ever miss anything please do drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help. Have a lovely day!
:sunny:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve&Liz » 5 years ago

Thank you for replying Madi we do appreciate it, I am personally concerned that when new owners buy a van using HP they do not realize that the site fees are included in the price of the van so making the first years site fees that they thought they were getting free actually very expensive indeed.
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

carlnsharon

Post by carlnsharon » 5 years ago

Thats a very good point Steve and Liz. You only find this out when you are well into the buying process and get the breakdown invoice. You only then get the 'real' price of the van and even then this is generally rather inflated.

I must say that we were really switched on when buying our caravan and even with our experience of buying property abroad where Havens 'sharp practices' pale into insignificance there were still some rather important issues that really were not brought to our attention until the sale was pretty much finalised. Like the age of the van meaning that you cannot rent it out through Haven when it is over 6 years old (this didn't matter to us as we are only renting out to friends and family) even though a big issue was made over us being able to get £1k a year back in GLA and the fact that electric and gas checks are not done until the van is in situe which meant we had several extra days to wait for an electrical fault to be sorted after presuming that we were buying a fully tested van.

After saying all of that we were on the whole very pleased with the whole buying process and all of the staff at Cala Gran were absolutely fantastic and so far it really is money well spent. :hello1:

Carl.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

happyhols

Post by happyhols » 5 years ago

With the recession is it fair to say that the money we spend out gets its best return. Holidays should leave us feeling Happy Relaxed; So many families are working hard and using this time to bond with their children. Many Holiday Makers are complaining against caravans being Dirty, cold, damp. Many owners of holiday homes being sucked into bad contracts services. False Promises of a dream and many more No one is listening when we complain, I’ve decided to send a letter to my local MP.The Law needs to be changed and we need to be protected from the selling techniques that so many of us have fell for. wish me luck.
in the last couple of days I have e contacted my MP and now in the process of dropping a line to secretary of culture Maria Miller in response to the £4 million push which BOURNE LEISURE has been mentioned and was signed up to support the government-funded Great Adventure domestic holidays campaign.it is designed to inspire people to take a holiday at home in the uk . outlining all our concerns reported by many of us and the amount of bad reviews by owners and holiday makers alike and i dont think these practices is the right image then uk wants to portray This what we bought a caravan for so we can holiday in the UK. so why are owners losing there vans not getting services having people stay in there vans who werent authauriseed to do so and many more so welcome to HOLIDAYING IN THE UK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rogerbannister

Post by rogerbannister » 3 years ago

Everyone be careful! They will ask you if they advertise your van and then use it as bait in all the ads. They will sell you the hope that it is going to sell and when they get a customer interested they will only sell them the downsides and then sell them one of theirs instead.......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rogerbannister

Post by rogerbannister » 3 years ago

Please let me know if you want to sell your holiday home as I can help you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Alexa [Bot] , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , westlawn , crusaderpete , rosiefcb , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , maggie and rob , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mayday , mevennais , dazzabuk , jevo's , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , dotty , ROXY , mansel , MadiHemelSupport , sandune , thewarboys , bandb666 , Koala Services , Tj123 , 1DG , jasper , Home From Home , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , HappyValley , bonjgb , PauldN , Commander007 , Silver Surfer , rogerbannister , REDROOFS01 , suzylillie 14 , Funkyboy , bennie71 , sharonperky , Lexi2012 , Ray327 , Onsitemassage ,