Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Buying a caravan

Just visiting?
Would you like to ask our members a question?
Post your question here (and don't forget to come back to read the replies).

Moderator: Moderation Team

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Buying a caravan

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Thought occurs to me that you dont need to buy the van just because of the pitch its on.....If you prefer another van, they will probably move it for you. Where is the pitch, (just out of interest)? If you dont mind me asking.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:Thought occurs to me that you dont need to buy the van just because of the pitch its on.....If you prefer another van, they will probably move it for you. Where is the pitch, (just out of interest)? If you dont mind me asking.....
It's a private sale/purchase and so the van is sold on it's existing pitch.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

punto3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by punto3 » 2 years ago

Hi,
Please be careful when buying a caravan..we bought 4 caravans 2 new & 2 second hand.we bought these in a hope it would be a bit of a income to supplement our state pension. unfortunately that did not happen because of my husbands health problems. so the caravans were sold back to bourne leisure.
We ended up losing a lot of money. in fact it was £70 thousand pounds.so much for helping us when we went on to state pension.

please make sure you read all the paper work closely, looking back with hind site we would have been better off if we had just put the money into a bank account. make sure you get all the details & read the small print. isn't hind site a wonderful thing. If we had known then what we know now we would never have touched them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pucey08
1* Member
1* Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Pucey08 » 2 years ago

Thank you for your replies there are 3 questions that i need to ask bourne leisure before we hand any money over if not completely satisfied with the answer then no money will change hands i am a little bit nervous as this is unchartered territory for us but if we dont give it a go we will always wonder what if, we are not doing it to make income as long as we can make enough to pay site fees and pay bills i will be happy anymore than that and it is a bonus just the three questions are about the decking although i have confirmation it is not wood it is composite which is a mixture of wood/plastic i belive, the other is the pitch/licence and also any redevelopment in the area, I will not be forced into anything as it is our pension has anyone any thoughts on how to find a cleaner

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Guest » 2 years ago

There are lot of cleaning companies - and a new husband and wife team have recently set up. Its on a facebook page though called Primrose Valley Caravans....decking the park will specify exactly what you can and cant have.

Ooo Ive just seen a code I need to type in before this repy is submitted.....hope it works!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

You should be able to gain your site fee's and bills back with no issues, so long as you do it yourself, as you will not gain enough from Haven let's, unless you let them have it all year, and that you're willing to give up most peak breaks, so bank holidays and the main school holidays.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pucey08
1* Member
1* Member

thank you for the latest feedback will defo look at the cleaner on facebook will lets u know how i go on at the weekend hope everything goes ok got butterflies and a bit apprehensive but at the same time looking forward to it as near to retiring from work it will keep me occupied

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pucey08
1* Member
1* Member

just had another thought as I am letting the caravan out myself has anyone any advise on which is the best way in taking payments am I better off doing the payments thru haven or having my own bank account and taking the payments personally any advise would be welcome

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

You need to be taking bonds, so you need payments into your bank so you can pay those back.
I take a mixture of bank transfers, cheques and payments straight onto my Haven account by taking card payment over the phone.
You pay by card from the customer in the same way you would yourself via your computer logged into your account with Haven.
As above, don't take all payments this way as once it's on account, it's very difficult to get back.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pucey08
1* Member
1* Member

once again thank you for your input will let u know how i go on hopefully it will go without any hiccups the only downside is i dont know what to expect with the changeover but i will read and go thru everything with a fine tooth comb

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , ste , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , springhay , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , fairyqueen , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Woodgnome , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , Fastbaz , MikeKGS , Whitey , mansel , TforTerry , bandb666 , Koala Services , Tj123 , mrsnowman , allyt25 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , jamiep , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Frankieboy , woodyh24a , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , dingledong , Chrisxx , Jabulani , seabird7 , alisonasb , Maxandmillie63 , Briangoldensun , deano99 , nikipowell , Nataliedavies33 , punto3 , Taylor2013 , Pucey08 , Shanimills , Psc , chanz4 , Wannabe Owner , CANDS , Mart and Lyn , Parrydise , MikeB , Bigoldman , Sallygould , Newby , steven_old_english , allsopj52 , johnp , Hariba1 , cpr0305 , peggy123 ,