Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Cleaner Required Primrose Valley

All posts relating to Cleaners & Cleaning for our caravans should be posted here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Cleaner Required Primrose Valley

Post by johnturley » 3 years ago

I’m looking for a new cleaner(s), for my caravan at Primrose Valley next season, as the people who have cleaned it for the last 2 years, have indicated that they wish to cut back on the numbers of vans that they do.

Ideally I would like someone that can provide bed linen and make the beds, as one of the problems with asking guests to bring their own linen as mentioned on previous posts, is that not all guests actually end up bringing any bed linen, or just bring sleeping beds, and as consequence of which the duvets and mattress protectors are often left in a soiled condition for the next lot of guests. In addition if the beds are not made up, a lot of guests take exception to the mattress and pillow protectors, and will remove or even dispose of them. I’ve even heard of one extreme case of guests taking down curtains, and using these as bed linen.

I would be most grateful if anyone could PM me giving details of their recommendations or otherwise.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Cleaner Required Primrose Valley

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Have a look here - Caravan Cleaning Services
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

John the problem (I found) was that if you want a full service, linen etc., the price dramatically shoots up. Whitey will no doubt agree.....Matress protectors are cheap enough to replace for every let however (B&M) about £2.00. The next thing is knowing who you are renting to? Do they sound the type to take curtains down??

I would also keep back some deposit if anyone removes protectors then leaves a soiled mattress...just disgusting. I might know a cleaner but they are becoming increasingly reluctant to do laundry unless you pay a premium. Hiring from Haven is another option, but again I think its about £10 per room? Not per van.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 3 years ago

Hi,
You'll find a standard clean about £25.00, Linen about £15.00 and a welcome pack about £5.00

These are the average prices across the board from proper companies, rather than an owners wife's mum who lives a few miles away and will 'do it on the cheap' (so wish I could find one of those! :P )

First Class cleaning will provide linen and do your clean for around £45.00 and their welcome pack consists of hotel style sugar sticks, those little milk tub things tea bags on strings etc cost and extra fiver
I've used First Class and found them to be fine, especially with the provision of linen. However, the service went belly up on the first Friday of the August holidays when the owner decided to go on holiday and my van appeared to be completely forgotton about. I paid extra for Meet & Greet service (£12.00) and they failed to collect the keys from the leaving guests, or clean and linen the van and meet the incoming guests.
Complete wash out.
Little in the way of apology from the owner and sadly this meant I had to let them go.

I'm now with Sparkle & Shine, who are fairly new on the block but have a lot of enthusiasm for the job in hand.
Down side against First Class is you have to provide your own linen for them to use, bar that, the service is exceptional with good means of communication and they will go above and beyond their call of duty to help you and your guests out where they can.
Welcome pack is tailored to your needs and as we have tea, coffee & sugar caddies, they just top them up as they are needed and we have a 4 pint carton of fresh milk left in the fridge too.

These are the only two companies I have used.

To summarise,
First Class did do an good job, but beware of staffing issues at peak periods.

Sparkle & Shine also do a good job and will help where they can, but do not provide linen. They also do not charge for Meet & Greet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

Whitey you will probably find that the owners wife's mum who lives down the road will not be cheaper.
You get what you pay for.....large companies pay other people to clean the vans and pay them basic wages in some cases in this area £5 per van. I've seen these cleaners on a regular basis trailing in and out of vans with a couple of kids in tow :sad:
Believe me when you are around on cleaning days you would see things that would really open your eyes :angryfire:
My Advise is to find someone local who takes on a small number of vans and looks after them as they would if they were their own......Your guests deserve the best you can offer.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 3 years ago

Funny you say that, I believe it's the owners wife's mum who does the van next to me on private lets and spends a very reasonable length of time there too. Compare this to the Haven let cleaners who are barely there for five minutes a van across our street, kinda shows the difference.
You have to have full confidence in your chosen cleaner and if you're paying extra for add ons, this can be a sizable amount of money from each let.
My belief is that First Class did do a good job, but communications were poor and the complete balls up at the beginning of the busiest time of the year with no real explanation was what led me to parting company with them.
Sarah (Sparkle and Shine) is ace. Great comms and listens to your needs for the van. Should you feel anything is wrong, she'll listen and change/implement/improve whatever the issue is where possible.
I have no trust in a friend doing the job for me, regardless of their going rate. If they fail to fulfill a job, you risk the disappearance of a friendship if it costs you money and you want someone to blame.
First Class's cock up cost me £50.00 to a disgruntled customer in a good will refund for being held up for three hours by the cleaners. Some said I was daft for doing that, but I believe in good customer service and felt I'd not fulfilled that commitment.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Koala Services
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Koala Services » 3 years ago

Just a quick input here.
I have to second the recommendation of Sparkle and Shine. Sarah is fantastic to deal with and will bend over backwards to help you out.
We have used their services for external cleaning and to clean up a nasty mess after a bit of a shindig in our van.
They came out on a bank holiday Monday to fully clean our upholstery and carpets. The first attempt did not clear all the stains so they did another couple of visits and brought different cleaning products to use until all traces of the stains were gone.
Fantastic service.
Neil

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Julies
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Julies » 3 years ago

I'm also giving thumbs up to Sarah at Sparkle & Shine. She has been fantastic and does a great job, nothing is too much trouble :occasion14:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , PauldN , Frankieboy , mayes , sco_ttie2002 , Jackie-Jon , Chrisxx , jordan1994 , kim o ,