Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Haven has invested in excess of £3m in the pool at Craig Tara

News Items relating to Static Caravans and Holiday Parks

Any news items that are Park specific should be posted in that park's forum.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Haven has invested in excess of £3m in the pool at Craig Tara

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Haven has invested in excess of £3 million in re-styling their pool complex at Craig Tara Holiday Park in Ayr, Scotland.

It is the largest pool area in the Haven portfolio and features include three pools, a children’s paddling area with mini slide and water play features, nearly 200 metres of giant flumes, a 90 metre rapid ride and a 30 metre three lane slide the pool.

Haven has worked closely with A&M Architects, Leisure Concepts Ltd and NCF Systems Ltd to ensure that the project was finished to the highest standard.

Paul Nicol, Operations Director from Haven, commented:

“This is first phase of a multi-million pound development on the park. Over the last seven years the park has seen an investment of £20 million and the feedback we have received from our guests has been really positive; we look forward to further developments on the holiday park in the future.”

Craig Tara Holiday Park welcomes 130,000 holidaymakers each year and nearly 1000 families enjoy the park so much they own a holiday home on site. The park has access to a wide range of facilities and activities including segways, climbing wall, nine hole golf course and, newly introduced this year; Nature Rockz activities that get the whole family back to the great outdoors.

Park operators Haven holidays currently have 35 family holiday parks in the UK and are part of the Bourne Leisure Group.

Craig Tara Caravan Holiday Park is located in Ayr, one mile from Alloway, the birthplace of famous Scottish Poet Robert Burns and is situated close to the beach and boasts beautiful views over the Firth of Clyde. The park includes an indoor sports complex, a restaurant and bar and 9-hole golf course, alongside a range of touring and camping facilities.

2015-07-14 - Craig-Tara-1.jpg
2015-07-14 - Craig-Tara-2.jpg
2015-07-14 - Craig-Tara-3.jpg
[/color][/i]
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Haven has invested in excess of £3m in the pool at Craig Tara

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

Judging by the large percentage of "terrible" 1* reviews on trip advisor, they need to be investing in a lot more than the pool. For a start, it sounds as if the chalets need demolishing, I haven't read a good review about them yet!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

I visited Craig Tara about 4 year ago and couldn't fault it at all. It is an amazing park with fantastic facilities.
You can't believe all you read on Trip Advisor. But hey one mans meat ect
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

I don't believe all, far from it! There are over 350 5* reviews, so obviously a lot of people have had lovely holidays there. What I am saying is there is a much higher ratio of bad to good reviews for there than any other park I have read about, but it mainly reflects the bad state of the chalets.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bradders » 3 years ago

At our park (Doniford) there were loads of 1* reviews, nearly all from guests staying in rotting chalets. Since they were knocked down to paying guests a couple of years ago it's hard to find a 1* review these days!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , lhiggonyoung , thewarboys , TforTerry , dennyboy , Home From Home , CoffeeAndBaileys , fabiasimon , HappyValley , bonjgb , baggie007 , LisaHemelSupport , Taylor2013 , Brodster1 , Bez ,